Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building a Goblin Community?  (Read 493 times)

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
Building a Goblin Community?
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:16:41 am »

I've seen invader mounts giving birth (after years of being trapped in my cistern). My question is, do all mammals give birth in my fort's area, if they're kept locked up long enough? My POW prison is filled with gobbos from the latest invasion, awaiting execution or amnesty. I was thinking of instead throwing them to a underground settlement, where they'll breed, prosper, and hopefully someday after countless generations they'll start growing beards and making pickaxes.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building a Goblin Community?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:10:47 am »

AFAIK captured goblins, trolls and kobolds don't breed.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:14:36 am »

Im sure ther is a way...  To the modders!  Putnam, Hugo?  Ask in DF modding section.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:05 am »

I will. Before doing that, I'll keep some of these poor bastards as test subjects. Discovering things is fun.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:30:48 pm »

[INTELLIGENT] creatures without the [PET] token on the female version will not breed without marrying, something that doesn't happen to invaders. As such any captured invaders you have will not breed without modding. (Should you wish them to breed, simply add the [PET] token to the female caste of the goblins/trolls/etc. and they should begin to breed.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »

So, data/save/raw/entity_standard + ctrl+f 'goblin' and adding [PET] under {CASTE:FEMALE] should do it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!