Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stoping/dealing with a Tantrum spiral  (Read 4035 times)

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
Re: Stoping/dealing with a Tantrum spiral
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »

Isolation. Seperate dwarves from each other. Lock them in their rooms if possible, only letting them out if they are starving and decently happy.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 01:47:56 am »

Isolation. Seperate dwarves from each other. Lock them in their rooms if possible, only letting them out if they are starving and decently happy.
Forcing them to talk to each other kindly for the entire year does this better, but is not viable in a Tantrum Spiral already undergoing.

dorsilfin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 07:30:49 pm »

I updated the first post with the saved game.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6901

1 weirdness about this map is the circus never spawned for me,  but maybe some of you wanted to throw me some input on the design/setup I have going on etc etc.. and if you want to experiment try losing 2-3 dwarfs and watch the spiral go nuts. I really need to build some device/setup to harden everyone to death and dying lol

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:36 pm »

master engraver with master piece engravings with master statues help tons for me

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 01:52:27 am »

I was doing some house cleaning and I do have a volcano on the map which I use as a nice garbage disposal.  I selected a few thousand body parts and misc stuff to get toss to burn up and clean things up.  In doing so something strange happened next to the volcano, a lava burst or something kicked up and 3 of the dwarfs standing/dumping there were melted/burned to death.

If you toss heavy stuff in magma, it sprays magma mist. You need to make a several z-levels hole to make magma dumping safe.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability
Pages: 1 [2]