Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The humans refuse to leave. [SOLVED]  (Read 803 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
The humans refuse to leave. [SOLVED]
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:50:32 pm »

I have the wagons and marksmen, ammo depleted, who refuse to leave my glacial fortress. Because of them I haven't recieved any new soldiers or workers. now, i don't want to attack them because I wantthey shit they bought off my map and don't want my soliders attacking humans if a siege hits while they're trading. I tried scaring them out with a kobold geting set loose but the wagon pullers just oneshotted it with a kick to the face. I tried firing a ballista at them (a waste of wood I may add.) They just won't fucking leave.

How long do I have to wait before they go insane? Because no human caravans will come either because they won't leave. Or should I just bite the bullet and kill them/use tweak makeown to force them into my settlement's unrecorded population?

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The humans refuse to leave.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:02:54 pm »

Most painfully obvious question first:
Can they leave physically? Is there a bridge not flipped the right way or something?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:45 pm »

They can leave if they'd just turn around and stroll out. The pack animals ones left just fine, and the exit is plenty wide enough and open. However the caravan isn't considered to have left if the fucking wagons don't leave.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:42:49 am »

This came up the other day.  Happened to me too.  They'll leave, give em time-- they're gradually loading the wagons and taking their SWEET ASS time about it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:56 am »

Oh no they're loaded up. The depot got ripped and nothing spilled out. They're simply not leaving.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 03:22:03 am »

Hm.  Well, keep us posted for science!  I had a caravan get spooked by some vultures, the merchants never returned for their stuff, but they Did leave...

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:46:34 am »

This happened to me due to goblin attack once, traders were stuck between my pasture and the edge, staying for months, long enough for two generations of horses to be born, before three squads of marksgoblins finally ran down the lane.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:46 am »

Are you sure there's no buildings in the way? Open floodgates, maybe some floor problems, traps?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:01:51 am »

Wagons need three wide paths to travel no? Is it possibly a tree popped up somewhere?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 08:14:49 am »

Check your (D)epot accessibility - make sure you haven't trapped them inside with some, er, traps...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 01:04:18 pm »

They trundled right over the cage traps I had set up before. And I don't think that a tree could grow in thier path in the middle of a glacier...

I'll try yanking three of the traps and see if that does anything. I've already had four water buffalo added to my herd of creatures thanks to these jerks. If it keeps up I'm going to put together a squad to deal with them and just dump the refuse on the home caravan. A human siege would be a nice change of pace for once.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 01:08:23 pm »

Any traps that were built before the trap blocking change won't block wagons until they are rebuilt. If this fortress was originally on an older version, then that means that your old traps could still be fine but any new traps that you have built now block them inside.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 01:10:47 pm »

I'm yanking them now, just fired up the fortress. That may be the issue since some of them weren't finished when they arrived. PROBLEM SOLVED FOLKS. The traps were indeed blocking the wagons.