Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Israel for Americans  (Read 5217 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Israel for Americans
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 04:14:00 pm »

Svarte, you seem to be implying that Palestinians should just leave and "go find somewhere else to live" if only the other Arab nations would let them. Do I have the gist of that correct?

Not by a long shot, sorry if that's how I made it out to sound. I was trying to say that the Arab nations are at as much fault as Israel when it comes to abusing Palestinian rights, and the Arab nations should drop the whole "Israel is the enemy" rhetoric they've held on to for so long and stop using the Palestinians as a proxy to pressure the Israelis at the Palestinians' expense. Don't get me wrong, Palestinians have as much right to live there as Israelis, I'm just not sure they can get along.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:30 pm »

The propaganda machine has been spouting off since Romney declaredc he'd visit Israel about how pro-Israel each politician is. They cynically explain that this action has no bad concequences because there is no significant voter base that disagrees with a Pro-Israel statement.

So... Battlefield state americans... Do you disagree with this? Is their pro israel stance a good idea?

Try to avoid flames or religion. This is about the nation, not the people.

I'll start. My home is Colorado Springs. It has a high concentration of evangelicals. Most people there disagree with me when I call Israel another theocratic rogue state in the middle east. Net, I'd say it's a good bet to make in Colorado Springs. There a few of us, mostly athiest, who think that way though.

A pro-Israel stance is great if you want to get elected in the US, because there are a bunch of pro-Israel special interest groups out there. There's AIPAC and co obviously, there are a lot of absurdly pro-Israel evangelical Republicans because Israel needs to exist for the Rapture to happen or something, and there are a bunch of mostly Democratic pro-Israel Jews (though funnily enough I'd say less American Jews support Israel as a percentage compared to evangelicals).
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 10:09:04 pm »

Okay, so, the DNC was ursurped. Jerusalem and god made it on their platform, amongst a wave of boos. Obama didn't seem to speak out against this, so it appears he accepts this.

Does this change views here?

I am announcing here that this stance has changed who I plan to vote for. I still am maintaining Stubbs/Scamps would be the best ticket for 2012, but I'm giving up on all except one of the two main party choices, as a direct result of the DNC adopting Jerusalem and god through a vocal minority that counts as 2/3rds for some reason. To avoid a solid locking of thks topic, I have no intent to say how.

Anyone else been affected by this and had it change their vote?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 01:11:41 am »

So, basically they are the same as the Elephants on that issue now?  Meh, I still prefer the other policies of the Donkeys over the Elephants.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 01:20:48 am »

You know sometimes I think a 2megaton nuke detonate over Jerusalem would solve quite a few problems. I mean, Who would want to fight over a charred hellscape of radioactive glass and lazarus zombies?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 01:24:32 am »

It doesn't surprise me. It just reaffirms that we're one step closer to a single-party state masked as a two-party state.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:40 am »

Erm, it's the same platform Obama ran on in 2008. I don't see any real reason to change a vote over this. The DNC may be spineless but they don't actually implement policy. This has no real impact on actual politics, especially given the platform was already pro-Israel and basically repeats current US policy.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 07:36:47 am »

I think the only reasonably peaceful solution to the mess is if the moderates on each side crack down on their hardliners.
It doesn't surprise me. It just reaffirms that we're one step closer to a single-party state masked as a two-party state.
Odds are, in a two-party system, there has to be some issues that they agree on. Two-party systems do have serious problems, but that's a conversation for another topic. (Maybe this one?)
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 09:54:49 am »

The platform containing it isn't the problem.

Here's a video of the incident...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX11IUjkEKs

edit:darn moble and no copy paste function.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:58:56 am by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 08:49:39 pm »

Google "DNC Jerusalem booed"
it's footage from the DNC where the chairman(Villaraigosa) tried to get a verbal 2/3rds majority, and failed. Three times. And called it one anyway.

Of paticular note is what some lady said to the chair after the 2nd time. Somehow the chair heard "do what you want to do" instead of "you gotta let them do what they are gonna do"

There's no mistaking that this wasn't a 2/3rds majority in favor. Find and watch the vid.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 04:44:26 am »

Also, what is up with the shouting? Who thinks that is a good idea? I don't get it. Why are they still doing that? I'd even question why they'd think it was a good idea to start doing that in the first place.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]