Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Elite wrestler squad?  (Read 6222 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Elite wrestler squad?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 03:26:23 pm »

Wrestling used to be lethal in 40d versions, since size did not matter for wrestling. One encounter with a dragon left one crossbowdwarf dead, another sans legs, while the dragon got his neck snapped by a wrestler.

Now, not so much.

Adventurer mode, as the previous pos says, it's more useful, especially if you can easily make a chokehold. One turn of choking is often enough to make a foe pass out, which is the same condition as "giving in to pain", meaning every hit is a simple strike, direct hit.

Ahhh, the days where my epic squad of wrestling dwarves beat goblin and elf sieges, a hydra, and two dragons...

Not so epic anymore, alas.  Still it forced me to learn the military properly.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 04:14:17 pm »

I'm tinking about well-armored wrestlers. How would a squad of wrestlers in full steel (or candy) armor fare against enemies whose weapons are pretty much worthless against them? Giving them a shield would vastly improve defense, but how much would it hamper offense?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 04:20:57 pm »

Not as well as the same guys with weapons ..

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

Well, giving them shields would actually increase their offense, especially if they're copper shields. Great for bashing.

Be glad I didn't link to TV Tropes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]