Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your most lavishly decorated bedroom  (Read 2607 times)

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most lavishly decorated bedroom
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 05:30:17 pm »

Crystal glass has a value of 10, like silver. Therefore gold would have given more value, but not that shiny ;)

I still imagine the broken-light-reflections all over the Golden walls and furniture.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 09:42:57 pm »

King's chambers... Artifact candy bed, everything else made out of platinum. I had to make him very, very happy, because he kept mandating stuff I couldn't possibly manufacture. Not coincidentally, that was also the first fort where I deliberately made candy warhammers. I still somehow managed to lose a dwarf or two to hammerings.

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 04:51:23 pm »

King's chambers... Artifact candy bed, everything else made out of platinum. I had to make him very, very happy, because he kept mandating stuff I couldn't possibly manufacture. Not coincidentally, that was also the first fort where I deliberately made candy warhammers. I still somehow managed to lose a dwarf or two to hammerings.

Is candy a modded in item?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 04:54:03 pm »

Candy = Adamantine. Although from what I've heard, that's not really a needed euphimism anymore.  ::)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:45 pm »

Candy = Adamantine. Although from what I've heard, that's not really a needed euphimism anymore.  ::)
BY definition, if hes asking, he doesn't know! There are some newe people who've I've seen ask not to unspoiler things.

Now that I think of it, The throne room could use Candy flooring. Nah, too expensive. And the floor is made of microcline, so who can tell the difference? :P Now gold floors, that might be interesting...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 05:23:49 pm »

Yeah that's what I thought but evidently that's wrong or unnecessary since it appears in the stone stocks or whatever.

And if one wanted to fool an unattentive dorf, yes. Microcline would make quite the immitation.

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 05:30:19 pm »

BY definition, if hes asking, he doesn't know! There are some newe people who've I've seen ask not to unspoiler things.

Now that I think of it, The throne room could use Candy flooring. Nah, too expensive. And the floor is made of microcline, so who can tell the difference? :P Now gold floors, that might be interesting...

Ah. Yeah I'm new to the forums but not to DF (Been playing since before Z levels existed!)

Gold is where it's at!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 05:34:20 pm »

Atop a 12x12 tower of silver 5 z-levels tall, with a dining room and office made of solid gold beneath it, my vampire queen Vabok Amkubuk  languishes in a bedroom with walls, floor and roof made of candy, with an artefact candy bed, two artefact weapon racks, one gold, one microline, one artefact green glass statue of the same queen with thirteen master crafted crystal glass statues by the same guy, eight candy windows, an artefact forgotten beast bone hatch cover, an artefact obsidian hatch cover and two master crafted candy armour stands. I may have gone slightly overboard.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 07:08:23 pm »

Atop a 12x12 tower of silver 5 z-levels tall, with a dining room and office made of solid gold beneath it, my vampire queen Vabok Amkubuk  languishes in a bedroom with walls, floor and roof made of candy, with an artefact candy bed, two artefact weapon racks, one gold, one microline, one artefact green glass statue of the same queen with thirteen master crafted crystal glass statues by the same guy, eight candy windows, an artefact forgotten beast bone hatch cover, an artefact obsidian hatch cover and two master crafted candy armour stands. I may have gone slightly overboard.

Holy SHIT. PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 09:45:05 pm »

My current fortress? 3x1 hole in the wall with bed, coffer, and cabinet. Nobles be damned, I'm not wasting space or materials atm. Standard issue hidey holes for all.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 05:55:45 am »

My bedrooms arent that impressive but i have a golden walls, floors, doors and celing meetingplace with a candy well containing artifact candy chain and artifact steel mechanism.

aoxoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 10:37:46 am »

I used to at 32.25 I think the build was called just make a bigger than usual room for them, and lay glass weapon traps to increase value (Since it was a great money maker for me back then, now its good but only high quality are worth good amounts). As long as it was sufficient it was all they would get ;D

Now I smooth it, and put statues and/or engrave if I have a high level engraver (Current fortress, a migrant wave bought 2 legendary stone detailers!)

But yeah nothing fancy really. But a couple times ive been at wits end wondering why the room wasn't inproving, then I finally realized id forgotten to resize it after making it bigger lol.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:20 pm »

Holy SHIT. PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.
Will try get one as soon as I fix the world it was in. It's in a different fortress which freezes and shuts down the game as soon as I try to save or abandon the fortress.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 [2]