Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist jobless children  (Read 587 times)

Adonkares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist jobless children
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:23:27 pm »

As my routine with every new migrant wave i use therapist to allow gem cutters cut their gems etc. But when i go to the 2 children i was gifted with i cannot enable even simplest labors, as carrying and cleaning, they have no jobs assigned and i wonder if there is a way to make them productive.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist jobless children
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:28:46 pm »

thats because they are children. the most they can do is socialize, which gives dwarves they talk to pleasant thoughts. they also deconstruct buildings and occasionally plant seeds. I think the biggest part of what they do is the socialization part. if you check out some long lasting forts, you might find that a lot of your mayors are dwarves who were children at one point in your fort.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 04:33:22 pm »

therapist
options>general>allow labor setting on anyone

note that it's "cheating," to the extent that such a concept exists in a modable single player game yada yada

Adonkares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:46:29 pm »

Thanks for the answers, i usually disabled the children, making odds of new-coming ones unlikely. Now i installed df on another unit and that is why i have 2 children in 1 migrant wave. May be another difficulty to play with some creatures running and sabotaging things, definitely 'll give it a try .