Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Cheif medical dwarf won't treat my axelord.  (Read 1710 times)

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Cheif medical dwarf won't treat my axelord.
« on: September 07, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »

After a recent siege a few members of my military had some fresh battle wounds .The cheif medical dwarf diagnosed  and treated all of them except for my axe lord. Now when I look at my cheif medical dwarf he has no job and he's just sitting around while my axe lord is just rotting away in his bed and possibly building up an infection and what not. 

Is there anyway I can trick my doctor into treating my axelord, I've tried removing the hospital zone and then placing it back again . But I guess he's to smart to fall for a cheap trick like that.

So Im looking for some suggestions,, I just downloaded dfhack and Im willing to try anything.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Cheif medical dwarf won't treat my axelord.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 06:10:42 pm »

It has nothing to do with your CMD, any dwarf that has the diagnosis labor enabled can diagnose a wounded dwarf. Unfortunately diagnosis is a low priority job. Sometimes it helps to remove the bed when the wounded dwarf is asleep, this generates a new rescue job and might help getting him diagnosed.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »

You have Dwarf Therapist? Enable doctor skills in ALL the dwarves!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 06:27:21 pm »

What are your axelord's current injuries?

By the way, as mentioned, the CMD's role is to make the Health screen more informative, not to diagnose patients. I usually enable all healthcare jobs on all dwarves, reasoning that the time it takes for a couple of (probably not very) skilled dwarves to respond is greater than the time it takes for a whole fortress of dabblers to complete a treatment.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:43:11 pm »

What are your axelord's current injuries?

By the way, as mentioned, the CMD's role is to make the Health screen more informative, not to diagnose patients. I usually enable all healthcare jobs on all dwarves, reasoning that the time it takes for a couple of (probably not very) skilled dwarves to respond is greater than the time it takes for a whole fortress of dabblers to complete a treatment.

His upper body and left upper leg is in the red.

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »

That's a good idea.

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 06:58:11 pm »

Alright I assigned everybody with diagnosis jobs and my broker decides diagnosis him, thanks for advice, I just hope he doesn't have an infection.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 07:07:06 pm »

What are the CMD personality traits?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »

Alright I assigned everybody with diagnosis jobs and my broker decides diagnosis him, thanks for advice, I just hope he doesn't have an infection.

I'd be more worried about misdiagnosis...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 09:12:35 pm »

You can check that out via the health screen if your CMD is at Novice Diagnostician or better and not rusty. You also get information on hunger and thirst. Useful for grazers or trapped dwarves, if you remember to check it often enough.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 09:30:56 pm »

What are the CMD personality traits?

Um he's unassertive, that's the only trait I think would effect his willingness to do his job

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »

Is he lazy or proactive? Does he like helping others or not?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 09:40:58 pm »

I think the greatest flaw with the medical system, that its much more succitable to the personality traits of the dorfs with the labored enabled. I've had much greater success if I pick dorfs with good work ethics and or high empathy.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 09:51:01 pm »

Im open to suggestions, should I replace my chief medical dwarf ?

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 06:56:31 am »

If his personality isn't suited for the job, yes, get a new CMD. Grab one with medical skills if you can find one, but if the only hard working, loves to help others dwarf is medically ignorant, take him anyway. A novice that tries is more useful than an expert who doesn't, and he will skill up over time if you don't get a more suitable migrant first.