Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How's this for a 1st migration wave...  (Read 2166 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How's this for a 1st migration wave...
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 05:58:17 pm »

What is your 28yo "Childs" birthday?  I've got an open bug in Mantis about non-historical figures always getting a 1 Granite birthday, and am always looking for more evidence one way or the other on it. (Yes, the starting seven count as historical dwarves the way DF does things.)

My guess, he's a normal dwarf that happens to be historical, and will become an adult either at his birthday or the next Spring. More testing on which is the case would be appreciated, however. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 06:52:08 pm »

What is your 28yo "Childs" birthday?  I've got an open bug in Mantis about non-historical figures always getting a 1 Granite birthday, and am always looking for more evidence one way or the other on it. (Yes, the starting seven count as historical dwarves the way DF does things.)

My guess, he's a normal dwarf that happens to be historical, and will become an adult either at his birthday or the next Spring. More testing on which is the case would be appreciated, however. :D

18th of Opal birthday.

I will keep an eye on her and see what happens when the birthday comes around.  I am pretty sure she is a historical figure from the first fort I did with this civilization who then did 12+ years in "statis" while the second fort and a few other things ran.  I also doubt vampire status since two of the other migrants that came in are her parents.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:25 pm »

Probably historical--she's a legendary bonecarver and probably made an artifact at some point. Is she from a previous fort?

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52:57 pm »

Some people have all the luck. ::) The most I can ever expect is a great [profession] in my first two years if I'm lucky, but then I tend to end my forts by world deletion rather than any other way. The things I could do with legendaries in my first waves...
That's what I'm trying not to do this time around - delete my fortresses and the worlds they reside within. When I first started playing I abandoned the fortress when I got bored with it, but then I started deleting it. Now I'm going to move a step up and either keep at it or just generate a new world.

Also OP, sounds like you've got a pretty sweet embark. The past two I've picked have had loads of hematite but this one I'm in right now doesn't have any flux stone. I'm kind of envious as the goblin blenders I plan on littering throughout many of the corridors in the fortress would work better with steel. Good luck with your fortress though, and I hope that adult child isn't a vampire.

Then again, that might be Fun.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 05:37:40 pm »

Update.  Her birthday just came up and she went from child to "peasant".  Which will change to a full profession once she does something in one of her meaningful skills.

Fort's 2nd migrant wave was five "typical" low-skill dwarves like you usually see.   They have been put to work hauling stone around and other working tasks as the fort infrastructure works up.  (Magma Sea has been found and plans underway to start carting magma upside to set up the Foundries.)  Stockpiles of ore already await.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart
Pages: 1 [2]