Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The easiest evil embark?  (Read 3312 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The easiest evil embark?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:08 pm »

Good luck and good hunting, sir!

Check out this thread about weaponizing the undead!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 06:28:46 pm »

Ok, here's the worldgen information. Paste it into data\init\world_gen.txt, then create a new world with advanced parameters, choosing this world from the list on the right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's a picture to show you precisely where I embarked:

Hopefully I got everything right. Let me know if your world looks nothing like this.

Works fine thanks.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 03:05:49 am »

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 01:59:06 pm »

Probably a bit late, but I found an even easier evil embark.  There are no husks and no reanimation.  If it weren't for the glumprong trees and rain, it wouldn't be noticable.  There is a cyclops lair, a volcano, and a tiny bit of aquifer that is a bit hard to find.  There is clay and sand, but metals are mostly limited to tetrahedrite.  I haven't figured out the rain's effects yet, if anything.  I haven't seen any "evil" creatures.  Just (living) wombats, kangaroos, rabbits, etc. 

I created it using vanilla DF on LNP with the Phoesbus tileset. 

Row: 14 Column: 21
That is, from the top left corner, press shift+left twice, then press shift+down, then press down 3 times.  The volcano and lair are on the same square, near the middle. 
Pages: 1 [2]