Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hauling problem  (Read 301 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Hauling problem
« on: September 04, 2012, 12:32:58 pm »

I've got a bunch o sandstone sitting in a stockpile, and i want it dumped. The dump is readily accessible, nothing obstructing it. The sandstone is not forbidden, and is marked for dump. Nobody will haul it. They will haul other things to the same dump, but will not touch anything that is in the stockpile. I even deleted the stockpile and remarked the boulders in it, but no dice. How do?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling problem
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:12:43 pm »

Do you have free dwarves to haul the stones? It might just be that they have been too busy to haul it over to the dump.

Is the sandstone accessible? Try building something next to the sandstone and see if your dwarves can reach it.

Is the stockpile outside? By default dwarves will only dump things that are inside unless you change their settings in the (o)rders menu.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling problem
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:45:34 pm »

Stockpile was outside. Thanks buddy =)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0