Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I found this kobold camp.  (Read 981 times)

FluxX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I found this kobold camp.
« on: October 04, 2012, 07:58:27 am »

Well, I thought, this is going to be FUN. Oh how little I realized this.

Being the human stupid brave adventure I dropped my backpack at the entrance to pick up later, along will all my supplies. Who needs a shield? My second arm is for slashing too!

The camp and caverns are easy pickings. Medical Kobald after Administrator Kobald after Crafter Kobald fall. My small band help me out of one or two sticky situations, like a big pile up of 6 Kobalds. Through it all this my Acomplished dodger only takes 1 hit to something or other, no worries.

At the bottom of the Kobald caverns is a large lake that separates off into tunnels. "What's to loose?" I think "other than a couple of drowned companions (wish they could swim)". So off I swim, I might find treasure, I might get rid of that annoying exploding chestnut monster (another LONG story).

Ah, the caverns are deep. They are winding. I have no food. Oh well, I have plenty of water. Hours pass, days pass. The ground is all mud, bleak bare mud. No plants or life except for a few cockroaches. I calculate by my paces that I might be able to reach the end of the small island the world rests on. That is if hunger does not get me first, my supplies, they are back with the [dead] Kobalds.

So, it's bleak, I'm lost. The surface is countless unknown levels above, if there is even a tunnel to the surface! When all of a sudden I find a "deep pit" and an "expansive cavern deep underground". The drop is many levels, I cannot see the bottom. It's vast, bleak and hopeless, just like my situation. Well, only one thing for it. I jump!

What? I'm alive!?! 'Splash' I hit water. I think I bounced off the bottom, with my head. Thankfully my +<<+goat leather hood+>>+ I acquired off a giant arachnid Titan saved my life. I quickly become "no longer stunned" and swim to the shore. Ah, I think, this shore has grass, plants and trees. Perhaps there is something for me to "eat". I try to sneak forward, apreach some prey, but I feel like I'm being watched. Watched by something a bit larger than a bugbat. I creep forward and through the darkness looming over me is... is...

"You have found a curious underground structure."

(First time posting. I'm dead now arn't I?)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:59:59 am by FluxX »

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: So I found this kobold camp.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:27:52 am »

Yea pretty much go out with a bang man!! leave no prisoner SATE YOUR HUNGER FOR VENGENCE

But yea its over

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:52 am »

There was another thread where someone found a demonic fortress. They pulled the sword but no demons came out, and they even travelled all the way down to hell.

Of course the demons came to investigate then, and so he was killed by demon scorpions.

Thread should still be here, "To Pull or not to pull"

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:43:24 am »

Why would you forget to pick up your backpack before exploring onward?

FluxX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 11:28:55 am »

I didn't forget, it's not like I need it down here anyhow. What could I use it for?
Yeah, I can take out the scorpion but it is [spoilers] from here on in. Lets just say, even if I hacked the save, I reckon I'd not survive 1 strike from a fire/web/superfast attack thingy. :(

The sword is cool though, might attempt to find the surface... :/

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:36:52 pm »

I think this needs a [Spoiler] in the thread title, just as the other one does. This is giving away a lot of stuff.

Edit: though maybe I should've sent a PM instead of bumping the thread up...  :-\