Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The riots spawned from the anti Islamic video  (Read 865 times)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The riots spawned from the anti Islamic video
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:01:41 pm »

This is a current event that is kind of important right now.
Apparently somebody in the USA created a video which said incredibly offensive things about Islam and their holy figures. This sparked riots and  american flag burning in Muslim countries around the world.
Full story is here on a Canadian news site.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/09/17/anti-islam-muhammad-film-violence.html
apologies if this is biased. I don't know the full story.
But I would like to discuss this. However there is one rule. Be respectful. I have no problem with rational opinions. But at the first sign of anti-Islamic hate, I will lock this. This isn't the place for that. Nobody who isn't/wasn't religious can understand how religious people value their beliefs. But this isn't to discuss religion. It's to discuss a current event.

Personally I believe that the video was a spark that ignited a whole woodpile of anti-american feeling in the area. I don't think religion is the only thing that fuels this. America has a terrible reputation in those parts of the world.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The riots spawned from the anti Islamic video
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »

We're already discussing this in our current resident Middle East thread ("Egypt and the world and Libya"). Feel free to join us there ;)
Love, scriver~

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The riots spawned from the anti Islamic video
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:46:14 pm »

Ah thanks
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.