Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia VI: Marooned Off Vesta (cancelled)  (Read 3532 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia VI: Marooned Off Vesta (SIGNUPS 7/9-12)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 10:52:27 am »

Do you think this game would be alright for a noob like me?
You made it through BM35, yes? If you feel you did well there, then sure thing. As long as you've read the rules/roles post and intend to be active and play to win, we'd be happy to have you. But you have to actually say "in".
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia VI: Marooned Off Vesta (SIGNUPS 7/9-12)
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 08:21:20 pm »

Do you think this game would be alright for a noob like me?
You made it through BM35, yes? If you feel you did well there, then sure thing. As long as you've read the rules/roles post and intend to be active and play to win, we'd be happy to have you. But you have to actually say "in".
Not exactlywith the BM part. Read it, I did pretty poorly. Still, In
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia VI: Marooned Off Vesta (SIGNUPS 8/9-12)
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 12:27:14 pm »

Going to out thanks to real life issues, sorry.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia VI: Marooned Off Vesta (SIGNUPS 8/9-12)
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 12:08:57 am »

:(

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia VI: Marooned Off Vesta (cancelled)
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 11:24:40 am »

SCENE: Imperial Palace. A wrinkled hand releases the intercom button.

"Send him in. What is it?"

A nervous man with a lab coat and spectacles enters, with a distraught expression, gesticulating wildly "Sire! Sire! It's Vesta, sire! It's just... gone!"

"Gone? What do you mean gone?"

"The ununoctium, sire, it must have all decayed at exactly the same time. It just went up in a massive explosion, apparently taking most of the asteroid with it!"

The Emperor frowned. "What about your expedition?"

"Also gone, sire... we... we couldn't find a full crew, so the emergency thrusters were not manned. They couldn't escape, and were caught in the explosion. There's nothing left, not even wreckage."

"So that's that then, it was all for nothing, yes? You useless worm, get out of my sight!" The science advisor scurried away, still distraught, but obviously relieved at being able to leave with his skin intact.

Solomon Petresun sighed, his head shaking in disappointment at the lost opportunity. Oh well, at least the Cybrids hadn't gotten a hold on the material, and the losses had been minimal. Something else will turn up, we'll try something different some other time.

The Universe is big, and there will be other opportunities. Immortality taught one patience.

He shrugged, and turned his attention to some other problem of the myriad that came with running an Empire.

That's that, then. We'll try again some other time. Thanks to those who were ready, but it wasn't enough for critical mass.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 11:34:22 am »

:'(

Well, seeing the boards as it is in it's current state, I'll be fully prepared in awaiting the next one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 12:35:28 pm »

That's too bad.  Until we explode again I guess.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 12:47:32 pm »

Awww, poor Book. Nobody likes his games.
Pages: 1 [2]