Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cover Photo Competition  (Read 611 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Cover Photo Competition
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »

I'm not sure if this will get any hits, but it's worth a try. You guys tend to be wayyyy more creative and artistic than I am.

So everybody on Facebook has a Timeline now. Which sucks. But since everybody here on Bay12 is amazing, I was thinking that some of the more artistically-inclined might be able to make me a Timeline cover photo. I honest to God can't think of anything, and the big gray blotch looks so ugly and empty! I have some pictures of myself you can use upon request, and some themes you might be interested in: China (I go there often and have lived there on multiple occasions), the cold wintery North (my true and only home), or a post-apocalyptic wasteland (I'm just waiting for it to go down). I believe in artistic license, however, and those themes are simply suggestions. That being said, if you just want to browse pictures on my Facebook and maybe pick something randomly to make something with, shoot me a message on here and we can be "friends."  :P

For those of you non-Facebookers, the Timeline cover photo is wider than it is high. Here is a sample of a friend's profile for a rough reference.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ideally the picture would look cool without seeing the top half if it is indeed that high, simply because it only shows about half of it when you go to a profile without scrolling up (Yet another reason Timeline is stupid--thanks, Suckerberg).

If you win, you'll likely have some of your art at the top of a very public forum for a long time--I'm quite active on Facebook but hate change.

Tl;dr--Make me a Facebook Timeline cover photo. I can send you pictures of myself to include if you're interested. Winner gets lots of views and gratitude from me forever  :D

Edit: If you aren't artistic but know somebody who is, they are more than welcome to join! I've already written about this in my journal on deviantART in hopes of more hits, so it's not limited only to Bay12.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:11:39 pm by Kamin »