Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I've been tasked to go kill myself  (Read 2407 times)

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I've been tasked to go kill myself
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:30:02 pm »

Uh. So. I had an adventurer "Otaku" who I turned into a vampire; but he was killed in a bogeyman attack. I created a new adventurer "Jet the drinker" and asked for some quests in the town I started in. I've just been asked to go kill "Otaku" the vampire. I checked my quest log, and it's acting as if I've already killed him (Report death of Otaku). What just happened?

Edit: Upon telling him of my success, he says "Rumors of distant lands will not save us" and this finishes the quest.
This is only the second time I've completed a quest; so I don't know if this is a normal reply or not.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: I've been tasked to go kill myself
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »

I remember the time I got tasked to kill my questgiver in an early version.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:57:18 pm »

Asked him for another quest, sent me to go kill my already dead self again. This time, upon exiting and speaking again he is "So glad to hear such news!", and now he "has no need for me".

Good to know I can be of service you silly drunken human!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:58:50 pm by OtaconPliskin »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:00:30 pm »

bogiemen don't get credit for kills, mostly folks don't believe in bogiemen being strong enough to murder a vampire. this sucks when you play as a bogieman trying to get credit for bandit kills.

"oh you murdered Redcake the Catslaughters with a sock? HAHAHAHAHA Rumors of distant lands will not save us, hey go kill Redcake the Catslaughters will ya? oh you have his head on a pike, I like to believe that but can you kill Redcake the Catslaughters?"

So I guess sometime ago had someone flip out over bogiemen getting legendary status for murdering a serial killers and becoming heroes in the eyes of the people... then dying once the crackling ends.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:04:12 pm »

bogiemen don't get credit for kills, mostly folks don't believe in bogiemen being strong enough to murder a vampire. this sucks when you play as a bogieman trying to get credit for bandit kills.

"oh you murdered Redcake the Catslaughters with a sock? HAHAHAHAHA Rumors of distant lands will not save us, hey go kill Redcake the Catslaughters will ya? oh you have his head on a pike, I like to believe that but can you kill Redcake the Catslaughters?"

So I guess sometime ago had someone flip out over bogiemen getting legendary status for murdering a serial killers and becoming heroes in the eyes of the people... then dying once the crackling ends.

Nobody in the house I was in would give me a quest, if I went to another house would they of given me another quest? I've already chopped a mans head off and am going to slaughter these people so..I can't really confirm this myself.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 08:02:18 am »

Most people have a quest for you, but once you start chopping craniums they stop listening to you.

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 09:46:28 am »

Possibly. It could have been there were no outstanding problems in that area, which means you can just head to another town and ask there.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:59:46 am »

Bogeymen are the Batmen of Dwarf Fortress. They are the heroes [insert town name here] deserves.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 01:31:33 pm »

Bogeymen are the Batmen of Dwarf Fortress. They are the heroes [insert town name here] deserves.
Bogce wanye was a millionaire child with his parents walking home from the Dwarven theater that played Morul the Deadly, then suddenly an adventurer pops out and murders his parents in an alleyway. After that event he vow to bring fear into the hearts of Mass Murdering-Adventurers every where. He is the vengeance, He is the night, He is Wambler-man
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 11:28:23 pm »

Batmanman?
It's FEF, not FEOF