Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Name volunteer's for my new fortress.  (Read 1034 times)

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
Name volunteer's for my new fortress.
« on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:22 pm »

I will be making a sucsession fortress, I do not have the Embark site just yet but I will soon, and I will edit it.
So I need names for my new fortress. Normal names like tekkud and urist are too bland.
Does anyone have any ideas / challanges that arent too zany for my new fortress?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:13:02 pm by Gavakis »

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Name volunteer's for my new fortress.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:14:48 pm »

I'm currently playing a fortress on 1x16 embark. It's alot of fun when you build everything on a single z level. I have an entrance at both ends. It takes like a week to get to the other side.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:34:31 pm »

No constructions below ground. Any constructions must be built on the surface or in holes dug into the ground.

LordTriaxx must point and click within your fortress!

Or picking something like Egyptian, or norse names, depending on your fort location.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:21:43 pm »

Im not signing up for the fort but what about no plants or seeds in the embark and name one dwarf zubb.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:31:48 pm »

You should move this to Community and Succession games
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 06:41:38 pm »

CHALLENGE:
(*) 50% of ADULT population placed in the militia on constant training.
(*) Only export is cheese - bring your pigs!
(*) Embark in tundra.

Oh yeah: add my name to Master Brewer

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »

Make a "human-like" civilization. Build above ground, preferably in a forest. Your mining must be done in a designated quarry, and you use underground areas for storage and mausoleums only. Forge's are above ground and use coal. Use as many foreign weapons as possible.

I would be in for a round of your succession.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:54:25 pm »

Hey! If you embark on a tundra, the first seven should use Reindeer names...

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »

CHALLENGE:
(*) Embark in tundra.

Oh yeah: add my name to Master Brewer
The first one is a pretty good idea anyways. But pigs? The first thing I would do is slaughter them all.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 02:17:04 am »

CHALLENGE:
(*) Embark in an evil tundra.
Ftfy. I'd be ok with being an overseer, I think. Same with actually being a dwarf.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 02:39:30 am »

Here are a few ideas:

1) Convert 100% of your fortress to werebeasts. You'll need a reliable inoculation method and probably some sort of containment system for "that time of the month." Hopefully getting the first werebeast won't take too long.

2) Egalitarian fortress. All dwarves have all labors enabled. No workshop restrictions allowed. Nobles get no special treatment, and mandates are ignored (you don't have to avoid meeting them out of spite). Everyone gets the same quality of bedroom, and no one gets an office unless everyone else gets an equally good office, too. Everyone serves in the military for equal time, regardless of skill. Optional: Strange moods should not be allowed to succeed, and legendary dwarves must be killed for daring to make the common dwarf feel inferior.

3) The Buffalo Bill challenge. The goal is to complete a suit of dwarf leather clothing, ideally through fell moods (is there any other way?). Shoes, trousers, and a tunic or dress should be sufficient.

Name your mechanic after me, please!

aoxoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 12:11:20 pm »

Lol the names I call my Dwarfs are "Miner, Miner, Stonecrafter, Woodcut, Burner, Farmer, smelter etc etc lol." So much easier than wondering who is doing what job and why their on break, drink, eat or sleep lol.

But hey call them whatever you want ;D

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 12:23:30 pm »

Twilightsparkle, founded by the Fellowship of Hooves. Your challenge is to build a horse ranch. Aboveground, underground, whatever -- you must keep the horses alive. For every horse that dies from any cause other than old age, three dwarves will be executed at random or because they've been annoying you.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 12:40:10 pm »

Set it so that you get as many dwarves as you can.

Each dwarf has to be renamed "Urist xxxxxxx"

A succession fort i was considering to start would be a "noob" fort, where the idea is to get as many noobs to add to the fort as possible, with an experienced player playing one or two seasons to make sure it isn't going under :P
The experienced player could then be mean and introduce hell on the fort, that would be amusing :)

Definition of a noob could simply be: "Not you used magma before" or even " Not found hell before?", as i would hope i wasn't the only one to not do either as of yet.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 06:03:43 pm »

Gavakis - *poke poke* whatcha gonna do?!