Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What state is the current build in?  (Read 2085 times)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What state is the current build in?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 07:33:09 am »

Best bet for cleaning up after sieges is to setup a few quantum piles powered by single-stop minecarts.  Just a few 2x3 setups near your outer gates are wonderful for gathering all the outside debris.

Code: [Select]
>Q

. = take from anywhere stockpile, no containers
> = track stop that dumps towards "Q"
Q = quantum stockpile, no containers

At which point you could feed stuff in Q into a container-based, take-only-from-links stockpile, or feed it to a minecart track going into your fort, or whatever.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 10:21:03 am »

If you are looking for the bugs in the current version, I suggest cheaking up on the "The worst bug - 34.11 poll" that can be found here -> http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=111051.30

There are a few annoying bugs like people have mentioned. But there is one very serious one, in my opinion, that has a fix that I think you should know about. Bug #3190 (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3190). Bad thoughts about long patrol duty seems to only go up and not reset after breaks. Having a tantrum spiral in your military is a bad thing.

After a few incidents, I built my military lavish 4x4 bedrooms with gold furniture. It worked spectactularly, and two military dwarves were the only two to survive a nasty tantrum spiral.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:07 am »

My major issue with the new container item-collecting is that when clearing up goblinite after seiges a dwarf often takes an almost full armor bin out to grab a few pieces.  Said bin weighs a LOT since its full of armor, and dwarves now slow noticably when moving heavy loads, also if said dwarf gets spooked he drops the bin, which may contain artifacts, masterpieces or candy items, not stuff you want outside during a seige or ambush.  These issues can be worked round with stockpiles using bins set to only take from links, then pulling from staging stockpiles, forbidden to use bins and taking from anywhere.
Another option is to use minecart routes. The armour is taken to a no-bin holding pile near the surface and then loaded into a minecart, which can take several squads' worth of armour before becoming full. This has the side effect of ending an armour hauling job near the surface, where they're close to the next armour hauling job. Once everything is in the minecart and everyone has wandered away, it only takes one dwarf to walk back and get the armour to its final destination.

I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 11:32:50 pm »

If you are looking for the bugs in the current version, I suggest cheaking up on the "The worst bug - 34.11 poll" that can be found here -> http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=111051.30

There are a few annoying bugs like people have mentioned. But there is one very serious one, in my opinion, that has a fix that I think you should know about. Bug #3190 (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3190). Bad thoughts about long patrol duty seems to only go up and not reset after breaks. Having a tantrum spiral in your military is a bad thing.

After a few incidents, I built my military lavish 4x4 bedrooms with gold furniture. It worked spectactularly, and two military dwarves were the only two to survive a nasty tantrum spiral.
The binary patch available to fix that bug is here and here.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.
Pages: 1 [2]