Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I think I found my vampire.  (Read 2008 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: I think I found my vampire.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 01:11:11 am »

Probably.

You can also reinforce/replace the silver door with a wall. He can break whatever he likes then.

E: Come to think of it, vampires don't need to breathe. Carve fortifications, install a window, fill it with water and call it an aquarium.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:14:25 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 01:32:15 am »

Vampire aquarium. Dump 'em all in there, flood it, and call it good.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 01:48:52 am »

See, vampires don't breathe, and I haven't seen one collapse from pain, so they are actually quite resilient simply by virtue of not requring ninty percent of their body to live, and thus take absurd amounts of punishment because the normal hacky-slashy-stabby thing dosen't work so well. Headshots are still easily fatal, though. Bleeding will kill them, but they will attack until the moment they have bled out their last drop, which can take quite some time. They are also impressively distructive when unarmed, because of their high strength. Still, they are just unarmed, only mildly skilled civilians, so a copper armoured military can handle it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 01:58:05 am »

Guess a fully equipped adamantine squad of death can handle him no problem. I'll let him stew in his misery for as long as this fort exists. (Which may be a long time. We've had 0 invasions what so ever after the only ambushes early on were wiped out by a caravan guard detail that happened to be there at the exact same time. Only Civ nearby is ours :/

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 02:17:01 am »

Update: He finally went berserk and that was all the excuse I needed to send in my legendary squad. They completely obliterated him in no time flat. And thus ends the tail of the annoying vampire. No more will my dwarves have to fear sleeping terror.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 04:38:38 am »

I identified my vampire by the simple fact that he had no thoughts about
a) food
b) sleeping
as vapires neither eat or sleep. Took me about 5 minutes to tab through my populatio n and check the first paragraph for absence of these thoughts, then i narrowed it down to 2 choices.
Also Dwarf therapist hepls greatly, as it shows the TRUE_NAME of every dwarf. So if you have someone who "cant even remember the last time he had a drink" and his name is different from the one in therapist, and hes got good combat skills and great social skills, chances are hes a vampire.

I put him in a new squad and told him to wait in a corner while walling him in.
after 1 year of standing in a corner he was content since he admired the crap out of the fine door i locked him in behind.

Then a giantess appeared and i decided to get rid of him.
Well, on his way to his doom he had a dwarven-child-to-go, didnt even stop a second and just basically sucked it dry on the run, then got dismembered by the giantess.

So if you have a vampire problem, find out who it is by monitoring their thoughts, then assign them to a squad and suicide them.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 12:44:51 pm »

I just give them a copper sword or axe and have them go deal with my zombie problems. They kill a few permanently and they only add 1 in to the mix when they die, so it all shakes out. Keeps the zombies under control and stops me from having to figure out what to do with the vampires.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 12:54:50 pm »

I always use my vampires as Cavern Explorers.  Assign them to a squad all to themselves, station them in the caverns somewhere then seal them in.  You can give them station orders to go wander around the caverns discovering things.  If he's sealed out then he can't drain anyone, and given their resilience they can handle just about any threat other than GCS or FBs.  Bonus is that if he does encounter something like that, he will probably die, and there ends your vampire problem.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0
Pages: 1 [2]