Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dnd campaign advice  (Read 4704 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dnd campaign advice
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2012, 01:02:42 am »

Bucket speaks Dming gold. YOU don't need to worry about classes or versions too much, that's the players job. :P

You have to focus on learning how to adapt to your players, giving them options or, even better, compulsions, and adapting to how they play. It's tricky but will pay off in the long run. But, like bucket said, focus on getting the players used to the rules and mechanics in your first few games THEN once they know generally what they are doing, then you can start to bring in some role play and story in bite sized bits and pieces.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Dnd campaign advice
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2012, 01:19:29 am »

Thanks, all! My first session is this coming Saturday. I have the books, a whiteboard(still gonna hafta steal that from my sister), character sheets, and, quite literally, two pounds of dice. For Christmas, me and my father each got a "Pound-o-Dice", and he has said I can use his. I'm prepared. Now to write my lesson module!

EDIT: I'm thinking that I will have an OOTS-based adventure, and the first one to notice what's going on gets an EXP bonus. Or would it be too cruel to have a bunch of high-level NPCs killstealing?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:26:03 am by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]