Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Final fantasy 7 is soooo boring....  (Read 5061 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Final fantasy 7 is soooo boring....
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »

Monomate, Dimate...  Heh. I remember in PS2 where you search the first site for dynamite, you get monomate in one of the chests. I usually found them in the order of dynamite, dynamite, monomate. I usually wondered for a moment where'd the third dynamite come from.  :)

By the way, what the hell exactly are the 'mates? I don't mean the ingredients, that is a wholly different story - I never got around to actually picturing them as any sort of object!.. I know telepipes and escapipes (hm, I wonder if those will be possible) are some kind of magic musical instruments, but nothing about those basic healing items.

Also - Alshline. What will you get if you spill Alshline in the fortress? I don't know how those magic substances differ ex-flesh stone from normal stone...

Rovers for wagons...  interesting. Maybe go further and make ice-diggers a form of wagon, too?

Heh, I just pictured a Motavian Phortress...  Setting up in big white tents, digging through the mountains, figthing various mutilated insects and worms, finding the ocassional thousand-year-old cyborgs, trading *Ceramic Swords* and <<Titanium>> for meseta...  They're a lot like dwarves, too..  they like axes...  like to break stuff...   :D

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »

Hmm.  I'm just playing through PS4 on an emulator while you guys are talking about it..

Of course, considering I'm taking breaks to play Space Rangers 2, and took a drive through memory lane with some OTA yesterday, maybe I like gaming too much.

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »

The only game i am looking forward to is metroid Prime 3 coruption.
Release Date Oct 26:

Message from the supplier. "Sorry, not enough copies for metroid are being shiped to europe, there for we can not give you your copy on time. When more games arive you might get your copy."

Makes me wanna cry. Need DF bad man.... need a fix...

Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »

I always pictured the *Pipes as being the type of pipes you use for plumbing and the *Mates as being little white boxes.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »

FFTA was a lot of good fun.  The difficulty was easy, and I liked that.  (FFT pissed me off.)  Only problem is that it was TOO cheesable:  I only enjoyed the game up until the point where I made a Juggler (or whatever the class was called), and from then on it was just taking cheap shot after cheap shot at the enemy.  Too many abusable mechanics.

It's important that a game LETS you abuse the game mechanics, so you get a feeling of power over an enemy that might have numerical superiority.  However, if it lets you be too cheap, that's just no fun.  Maybe I should try Disgaea someday: That game EXPECTS you to abuse the mechanics as hard as you possibly can.

Come to think of it, even Nethack is the same way.  The only way to win is to take every cheap shot possible and game the mechanics -hard-.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007, 07:52:00 am »

My friends and I always pictured monomate, etc. as these sort of potions you drank, though they were kinda thick in consistency like a milkshake.

As for Alshline, I assume it only affects stone that used to be flesh.  I mean some of it was bound to spill on the ground, but no one ever points out any gobs of flesh on the floor below Odin or Professor Holt.  Still, spilling Alshline all over your fortress and bringing it to life sounds like something that would happen in DF.  There would no doubt be mass death as the residential section would probably turn into the digestive tract or something.  Oh, I know!  Build stone statues, then pour Alshline on them to get cheap labor!

Ice Digger would be great for glacier maps.  Also once boats are in we'll need a Hydrofoil too.

We also need Shortcake and Perolymate as food.  I think Perolymate is based on the burgers of PS1, so it should be a sandwich of some sort.  Shortcake is needed or the Governor won't let you in his fortress.

"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 10:47:00 am »

Heh, I remember in Neverwinter Nights (one of the addons probably) there was situation where you had a bottle of flesh-to-stone potion of some kind, useful for fighting a medusa of some kind, but you could actually use it to revive a statue. Of none other that Sphynx, even. He'd ask you some riddles and leave. I suppose it would be normal in DF to make statues and bring them to life (real life, not as animated stone)..

Also, the ground beneath prof. Holt is soil, not stone, so no wonder there's no globs of flesh scurrying about.  :)

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 02:51:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>globs of flesh scurrying about</STRONG>

That was a disturbing image. I'm thinking H.P. Lovecraft here.

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2007, 09:22:00 pm »

Anyone managed anything like what's been mentioned anywhere here?

I play two worlds, one that is the base standard clean install; and one that I mod ridiculously. Living flying pizzas, laser anvils, ceramics, etc. The new reaction template in particular means I can mix steel and gold to make unobtanium, if I so desire.

I'm putting together an ore (tentatively named "ancient technology" by my friends  (who know where I live)) which smelts to bars of "klay?" which, when smelted with other metals, becomes laser metal (for those laser coins), plasma metal (for those plasma bolts), nanoweave metal (for those who want nanoweave helmets), and even quantum metal. (Who doesn't want a quantum water screw to pump water with?)

With the new reaction raws in addition to the metal, mineral, and stone glosses, whole new areas of modding areas open up. So many possibilities....

[ November 04, 2007: Message edited by: Sparksol ]

Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]