Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dwelvers - Do more Evil  (Read 15710 times)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwelvers - Do more Evil
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2014, 05:03:03 pm »

Thanks! glad you are having fun despite the bad tutorial.

Yeah, that's steam's DRM and its going to get the hell out of the game by the next patch (Which we hope would be ready by tomorrow).

Another thing it doesn't tell you is how to start trading. its a little over complex so i'll explain it.

1) You need to capture a portal, which is a process of killing a few waves of humans and goblin thieves that invade through the portal the second one of your imps tries to claim it.

2) After it breaks (indicating that it got conquered) right click on it, click on the exclamation mark which will open the trade map. choose your desired trade destination (Each destination is a specific trade option. if you played settlers 7, you will see that its practically the same system. it's going to change though).

3) build a trade room and a Loading dock. click the yellow sack icon that is next to the resources icons. it opens the resources panel which from there you can access the trade menu and choose the items you wish to trade out of the available trading options (That were determined back then when you specified the trade destination at the portal).

An imp will carry the loaded cart to the portal and after a while he'll be back with the traded items.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2014, 02:05:08 pm »

I actually figured out how to get trading to work on my own, due to some time spent on trial and error, and I really like the way there's a little tech tree of outposts youadvance along as you get more portals.
I got enough portals to unlock the ones that grant shields and bone armour.
It's cool.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2015, 10:07:35 pm »

(Yes, I'm aware I'm necro-ing the thread)

Since burningpet got banned (not sure who all of you are aware), don't expect the OP to get updated anymore.

I'm wondering who all is still playing/following this, because I've got back into playing this a bit lately.

Biggest changes I've noticed since the last time anything happened in this thread is that imps no longer do the cooking or fishing, it's now handled by "piggehs" (and new creature, a bipedal pig) and the old fishmen, who now needs sleep and have their own beds, respectively.

There's also a new feature in place that you have to unlock rooms as you go, so you can't just build a metalshop right off the bat, in order to better assist people in learning the game.

Also lava has finally been reintroduced.

So, anyone still into this, or am I the only one?
The Derail Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2015, 11:09:40 pm »

I'm still waiting for it to come out of early access.   :P  I'll get it when its done.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2015, 02:09:34 am »

I never quite understood how you get other creatures to spawn. I almost died on my first run because I didnt realize that Piggehs were needed for cooking (Which the Tutorial does not explain), so I was starving and didnt know why. After I got the idea, I just built a few Piggeh beds and sure enough I got a few after a while. So I'm gonna guess creatures spawn once you provide their respective beds?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2015, 03:00:44 pm »

Creature spawns are still confusing for me, too.

But yeah, I think you need beds first.
The Derail Thread

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2015, 01:09:46 pm »

is there a way to force a certain number of imps to work at a specific job?  i keep getting no milling being done messages and there are plenty of imps around and only 1 or 2 imps working the farm.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2016, 05:08:41 pm »

I saw an email about Dwelvers kickstarter, it's the same as this thread right?
I haven't downloaded that latest build and have not keep up with any dev done since summer 2015. 
Anyone still following this?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »

Should be the same thread, yeah. I have the game, but haven't done much with it in a long time. Really ought to boot it up and see how it is now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]