Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Running multiple DF installs?  (Read 954 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Running multiple DF installs?
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:00:36 am »

Assume I downlloaded a new, "pure" copy of the LNP, then copied it N times and applied a diffrent mod or mod collection to each one. Is there any possibility for the LNP GUI to screw something up that I am unaware of, or would it function as intended?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Running multiple DF installs?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:18:35 am »

while o have no technocal knowledge i've had no problems doing this,

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:31:43 am »

As long as you keep them in seperate folders ENTIRERLY it'll be fine.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:56 am »

Exactly what I was planning to do. By the by, I was working on some custom syndromes, which I will upload if they ever pan out. The biggest issue is with the way DF handles death, and ensuring a syndrome inflicted on a corpse pre death runs it course (In this case, reanimation.) Claws with [CAN_LATCH] would only be a good idea if I can make them bite after scratching.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:55 am »

Could work. I'm not too familiar with the modding system now, but maybe you could just inflict the syndrome with the claw attack instead of relying on bites.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 08:13:06 am »

Try not to do it all at once...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 08:36:12 am »

By the by, I was working on some custom syndromes, which I will upload if they ever pan out. The biggest issue is with the way DF handles death,
Not possible at the moment, at least not through modding. We can control the content of the syndrome, but we can't control the mechanics of it, so when DF decides that a syndrome is done then it is done. What you could do is give the monster a "flee" syndrome that grants a targeted reanimation ability to all of it's enemies nearby. Then if it dies within a short period then it would automatically be revived by the stupid Ai.

As for the syndrome with claw/bite, why not just give the syndrome to react with the claw attack as well as with the bite one?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:10:59 am »

Could you simply have the syndrome turn the dwarf into a life-hating, rotting thingawhamosis?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.