Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Too much coke!  (Read 4483 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Too much coke!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 07:19:23 am »

How is it possible to have too much coke? Sounds to me like an impossible goal to achieve.

When you set 4 smelters to repeat coke making, and then forget about them, and move to magma smelters, coke use slows, and coke production increases (especially when I'm anal about mining every single bit of lignite/coal)

I'm pretty sure I didn't see that right

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 09:08:14 am »

How is it possible to have too much coke? Sounds to me like an impossible goal to achieve.
Maybe the coal to metal ratio is off key?

There is no such thing as too much coke. 
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 10:23:17 am »

Make dwarven incendiary autoshotguns.

Make a typical autoshotgun, but load it with coke and dip it in magma before firing.
This man gets it.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 01:37:38 pm »

Dipping it wouldn't be dwarfy enough. Run it through a dwarven railgun, and have a lava waterfall coming down over the barrel.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43:47 pm »

Train up a legendary glassmaker.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 01:46:59 pm »

Name the next dwarf who gets a strange mood "Charlie Sheen" and marvel at him collecting all the coke to his little workshop

Once I was bored and modded in a Charlie Sheen creature in order to teach myself about materials and interactions and such. He's basically a modified human who can sneeze cocaine at people and activate his Adonis DNA to turn into a giant version of himself made mostly out of metal. Oh, also tiger blood, and he has CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

lordlp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »

Make more! Normaly I smelt 1k coal, then 1k iron.. making 1k pig iron. Repeat for Steel. But I usualy conscript about 14 smelters. Dwarves do things in grand scales.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 07:58:07 am »

Name the next dwarf who gets a strange mood "Charlie Sheen" and marvel at him collecting all the coke to his little workshop

Once I was bored and modded in a Charlie Sheen creature in order to teach myself about materials and interactions and such. He's basically a modified human who can sneeze cocaine at people and activate his Adonis DNA to turn into a giant version of himself made mostly out of metal. Oh, also tiger blood, and he has CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER.
I so want that mod.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 08:10:28 am »

Lol, I personally love coke (the non-narcotic kind), mainly because I usually have none. Starting off, I have to cut hundreds of trees down to make charcoal, every season. Then I also have buy all the wood I can from the caravans, and keep hoping to find magma soon.
Pages: 1 [2]