Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilized Mod  (Read 1254 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Civilized Mod
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »

More of a collection, really, but still.

I plan to launch a huge civilization mod, giving new kinds of traders, seigers, and related items to the game.

So far there's one in the works, and the mod will be released in "packs", three to five civs with related items and anything else they need as a standalone mod, when together forming a new, massive world.

The civ I'm starting with is very expansive, with many castes, hopefully. I admit I have no idea how I'm going to implement a lot of what I want other than knowing it can be done. Any help will be vastly appreciated, and anything truly helpful will earn you a spot in the credits.

So here's the teaser:

The first new civ of the Mythic Pack is the Kitsune!
Massively oriented to social order, the Kitsune are grouped by their tails. Most of the Kitsune have a single tail, but there are those with two and even three tails. The single-tailed, common Kitsune are the backbone of the civ, traders and workers. The twin-tailed warrior Kitsune, bred from birth as warriors, and the highest of all, the three-tailed Kitsune. Natural leaders, the three-tailed Kitsune are much rarer than the single or double-tailed Kitsune.

They offer many items in trade, a plethora of trinkets and just as many tools of war. Kitsune are legendary blacksmiths, and not far behind with craftmaking.

In battle, their armor and weaponry varies. Leather armor is just as common as fine metal armor, and both swords and halberds form a solid melee offense. Kitsune use their own kind of ranged weapon, the Longbow. Their arrows are known to be deadly, if costly.
---
I have a few questions, today about castes. I need to know how to make descriptive features (fur color) limited by caste, and physical features. Jumping from one caste to another should not be possible. Jobs should be limited by caste.

The Kitsune will have a few technologies the Dwarves do not, but the Dwarves will have many technologies the Kitsune lack as well. The Kitsune will be adventure mode compatible.

Another civ I'll mention is the Wanderers. About as smart as a troglodyte and three times meaner, Wanderers often form small groups and kill anything they see. Very primitive, they have limited technology (loincloths are a marvel) but they more than make up for it with venom. They wield spears, have little armor, but are tough as walls and full of syndrome-rich death.

They have tails with stingers, two arms, and two hulking legs. The head is large and filled with viciously sharp teeth, and they have three eyes.

They're kinda like mutated land sharks.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Civilized Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:09:51 am »

You can't limit jobs by caste, but you can limit positions to caste. I've forgotten, AGAIN, but there is a tag that allows you to restrict access to a position by caste alone.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:51:52 am »

sounds neat and best of luck.
sometimes the game needs more variety when it comes to civilisations especially friendly ones 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:35:24 am »

You can't limit jobs by caste, but you can limit positions to caste. I've forgotten, AGAIN, but there is a tag that allows you to restrict access to a position by caste alone.
You can also modify skill learn rates and/or add natural skills by caste--say, red civvers are good at military skills except for sword and spear, as well as forging (and can also throw fireballs), but suck at woodworking of all sorts except burning; yellow civvers are good at woodworking, farming, and archery but suck at melee skills and anything to do with stone or metal (and also are a bit faster than average); blue civvers are good fishers and craftsmen but are bad fighters and don't like most burning-based skills (also swim); gray civvers are excellent stone- and metal-workers, as well as being as tough as their preferred materials and skilled at unarmed combat, but they just can't get good at weapon or armor usage skills and are both slow and bad at working with more delicate materials; white civvers are cowardly artisans and emit light; violet civvers are natural medics and nobles, but bad at menial work and martial skills, but have excellent minds and can even slow enemies by confusing their minds; maybe brown civvers should be the farmers, and also throw mud and summon plant vines to disable enemies' legs...green civvers are great rangers and othewr outdoorsy skills, but bad at melee and don't get along with people...black civvers are terrifying at birth and always hostile...need to think more about orange civvers...
Once I get a better name and concept, someone should make this mod. Maybe me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.