Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No wrestling options what gives?  (Read 1091 times)

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No wrestling options what gives?
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »

Hi, Anyone know why I am not getting any options under wrestling, I have nothing in my hands, I even threw away my gauntlets, oddly enough I do get an option if I have something in my hands but not empty am I doing anything wrong?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: No wrestling options what gives?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:35:13 pm »

Did you use SHift+Enter to switch to wrestling mode? Unless you are paralyzed from the neck down, you should be able to wrestle with your arms and legs, E>G headlock.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:35:28 pm »

Is the thing your trying to wrestle with dead already?

Thats all i can think of.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:11:22 am »

no, its a fresh character with his first enemy

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:35:29 am »

Either you've received a spinal cord injury (as mentioned by Wrex), or the enemy you're fighting bled out while you were selecting your next attack (mentioned by Facekillz), which is actually a fairly common occurrence...

I'm betting on the second bit.

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:10:32 pm »

no, its every enemy and every character I create, no one has attacked, I open with an attack and I have no options to do wrestling moves, I know I am using the correct commands it just gives me no options, If I have something in my hand then I can grab with that item but beyond that I can do nothing. Its really weird.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »

Drop anything in your hand, and grab some body part with your hand (don't do toes or fingers or anything like that) and then try to wrestle again, you will have a new option, then select another option in your new option.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 05:47:12 pm »

Sounds like you tried to make a custom race, but didn't make them capable of wrestling.

If that's even possible.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 06:02:56 pm »

no, its a straight out of the box dwarf fort, lazy newb actually but no messing with the settings. I have nothing in my hand and I don't have any options I can't grab anything. I have played this game before, I hadn't for a while but I downloaded the latest version to see what its like. Wrestling just doesn't work like it used to. Simply put starting as a human with wrestling as a major skill I go out looking for trouble and I can't wrestle I have no options. It gives me the screen for selecting what to grab etc... but there are no options inside. I know my enemies are fine as I haven't landed a blow on them and they have done nothing to me. I have tried a new world, new characters but every time the same problem occurs.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 06:13:55 pm »

Have you used to availiable options to grab them? I tend to smash skulls rather than wrestle, but IIRC you have to get hold of an enemy before having the option to execute a hold.
This is a blank sig.

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 06:22:29 pm »

I can't grab anyone, I go up to them aim an attack, switch to wrestle mode and there are no options to select.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »

Did you update over a previous version, or is this a fresh install of the latest build in a separate, new folder?

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »

fresh install, the computer I am on now has never even been to the website until I decided to download it lol, I have re-downloaded and re-installed to a fresh file. I hope this fixes it.

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 03:38:18 pm »

ok, another re-install and its fixed (I think) its weird as I noticed that if I targeted a hit on the head I would get a report saying something along the lines of you hit so and so's toe.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 06:40:56 pm »

Congratulations.  Not only on getting it workable now, but also for having one of the weirder and more incorporeal phantom bugs I've seen.

And, also-also for achieving Bay Watched status almost solely from trying to explain the situation to us.  Woo.