Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer training room not working.  (Read 929 times)

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancer training room not working.
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:29:19 pm »

Ok, so last necrosiege, i captured 3 necromancers; 2 dwarven ones and one human one. I put one of the dwarven necros in a rom with fortifications and put a bunch of corpses behind fortifications, to make basically infinite training for marksdwarves.

However, the marksdwarves don't want to shoot the zombies for some reason!

They shot 'em a couple of times, but not more. I have mostly partial skeletons in there but some corpses too. I don't know what's going on! Even with kill orders they don't do anything. I have 3 rooms, separated by locked doors.

Is this because the necromancer is a dwarf?

r=room where marksdwarves are
f = fortifications
n = room with zonbies
N = necromancer
d = locked door
. = empty space
rrrrr
ffffffd.d
nnngfNW
nnngf. W
nnngf. W
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer training room not working.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:33:45 pm »

they don't shoot through fortifications unless next to them or elite, so you need a better way to push the against the fortifications
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 01:19:07 pm »

they don't shoot through fortifications unless next to them or elite, so you need a better way to push the against the fortifications

Just build a wall next to the fortification with one space between the new wall and the existing fortification. Like a hallway with a fortification on one side and a wall on the other. Dwarfs there will be forced to stand right next to fortification. Problem solved.

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 04:12:59 pm »

Thanks, guys!

That's definitely the problem.

I'll test it when I get home.
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.