Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Un-suspend en masse?  (Read 1064 times)

Auto Slaughter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Un-suspend en masse?
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:21:22 am »

So a pesky varmint gets into the fort and runs amuck, spooking countless dwarves who cancel and suspend various building construction tasks they're engaged in like placing beds and building walls.  Now there are dozens of buildings on hold.

Once the critter is taken care of by the redoubtable Dwarven Militia, is there any trick, or snippet of lua code for dfhack for example, that will allow you to rapidly un-suspend all those tasks at once?  Or anywhere in the UI where you can just go down a list and toggle each task back on, that would at least be faster than hunting down every single suspended building on the map via the Set Building Tasks/Prefs command q?
Legendary Idler
“There's nothing better than a party that turns into a death trap.”

               — Russell T Davies, Doctor Who writer, speaking of some of his more popular plot lines

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Un-suspend en masse?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 08:57:19 am »

Press j to view the jobs list, and unususpend the jobs there.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Auto Slaughter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:09 am »

Oh, I should have mentioned that I'm aware of that one too.  You're talking about pressing 'b' on the jobs screen to zoom to the building, resuming the job, then re-entering the jobs screen and scrolling back down to the list of building construction jobs, right?  There isn't any way to resume the job directly from the jobs screen, is there?

It definitely helps to have the master list of construction jobs so that you don't actually have to hunt around the map, but that's still O(n!) button presses or whatever because of the scrolling.  I was hoping that, absent a script or something, there was a way of doing it with at most two or three times the number of construction jobs' worth of button presses.
Legendary Idler
“There's nothing better than a party that turns into a death trap.”

               — Russell T Davies, Doctor Who writer, speaking of some of his more popular plot lines

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

Its slightly less to go through the announcements screen and zoom to the build site from there, but not by much, usually.  It can be worse, depending on how many suspended tasks you have.  From what your asking, its almost easier to just press {q} and then use the movement keys to scroll through the job sites pressing {s} to unsuspend them, then checking the {j}obs menu to see if you missed any.

Myself, I typically don't have more than three or four stuck jobs (usually the idiot mason standing on his own job site bug) at a time, so the jobs menu is more than enough for me.  Assuming I'm not micro managing the construction in the first place (e.g., aquifer piercing).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"