Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will this work?  (Read 745 times)

Zarat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Will this work?
« on: August 04, 2012, 02:21:13 pm »

I'm currently playing Adventure Mode. I've killed two dragons, and have four dragon eggs in my backpack.

Can I drop these eggs off somewhere and then embark a fortress there and perhaps raise the dragons from hatchlings?

I believe I've read that dragon eggs don't usually hatch, but I can mod them to do so, right?

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
Re: Will this work?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:27:02 pm »

You can mod the [CHILD:..] tag to the raw, but eggs need to be laid in a nest box and tended to by their mother in order to survive. However, you can cook those eggs in fortress mode :).

Zarat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:30:55 pm »

Dang. The mother would be a problem since she is, of course, dead. I am actually going to try to see if I can kill all the megabeasts in this world (small island) - at one point I miraculously crippled a Bronze Colossus and then spent about a week of game time fighting him, leveling all my skills and attributes to nigh-invincibility. Thought it would be cool to see my dwarves maybe make a jillion engravings of him, and then have literally the last of the dragons as trained guards.

I don't guess there's any way to get out of the mom requirement?

Worst comes to worse...I guess I can start out eating dragon egg omelets.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:33:58 pm »

Yeah, it has to be laid in fortress mode to hatch. Altough there's also the option of modding dragons available at embark. It's pretty OP however, and you'd need a new world. Your best cahnce of getting guardian dragons is just to wait and build lots of cage traps.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 03:05:24 pm »

I am actually going to try to see if I can kill all the megabeasts in this world (small island)
Are you by any chance playing as a naked elf with a spear?

Zarat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 05:12:43 pm »

Nope, armored human with a knife. Genned a world with extra megabeasts/semimegabeasts/demons and the like, though, so civilization is barely there. I've killed 50, looks like hundreds more to go in Legends Mode. I'm already a legendary hero among most every civ, though. Never taking companions, either.

May have overplayed my hand with worldgen, though, since it's a demon named Ithbi that rules my civilization and is giving me quests. In the end, most of the civs are going to turn against me after I kill their demon kings - if I can.

I also genned extra caves, so if I ever finish, I plan on descending into the underworld and continuing there until I die.