Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 100 mounted goblins. Consider me scared.  (Read 1668 times)

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 100 mounted goblins. Consider me scared.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 01:18:36 am »

Nicely done. Since they have been sending big armies like this, expect them to continue, probably even bigger numbers in the future. You might benefit from setting up a corridor in which your military can fight them a few at a time, with doors or corners blocking line of sight so that your military stays together. Sooner or later the military will be out in the open, but if you can get them to fight enemies at a chokepoint you'll reduce dwarven casualties because it's harder for the enemy to mob them from all sides. Directing the enemy at your military from just one direction will force them to come a few at a time.

Be careful that your dwarves are not fighting on top of trap fields. You don't want a bunch of dwarves pulverized, minced, or caged because they fell unconscious on top of a trap.

Do you have cage traps or chained animals across your entrances? You really should; they're great for catching ambushes before they get to the chewy dwarven center of your fort.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:20:42 am by Callista »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 01:54:09 am »

I had a pastured dog in front to spot ambushes, but he bit it in the attack.

Also, I finished the bioweapons aquifer, so further attacks will be met with horrible agonizing death.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 03:27:21 am »

I had a pastured dog in front to spot ambushes, but he bit it in the attack.

Also, I finished the bioweapons aquifer, so further attacks will be met with horrible agonizing death.

why? they brought you so much meat to make victory roasts with, not to mention goblinite. Keep the horrible agonizing death up close and personal, I'd say
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 04:11:16 am »

I love huge sieges!

But then I also build huge armies.

70+ dwarves with the highest quality dwarven steel on an open battlefield against the endless goblin hordes. No traps. No tricks. No fortifications. No pits. Just an empty, open field. Dwarves wearing the finest dwarven steel decorated with the bones and melted down weapons of endless slain enemies.

GLORY AND HONOR!

:D

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 06:23:20 am »

Is their leader there? If so, once you kill them, the armies tend to decline in number
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 [2]