Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broker is at depot, all items already moved -- still can't trade  (Read 1329 times)

Five chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do not understand.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Broker is at depot, all items already moved -- still can't trade
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:45:25 pm »

Upload a save to dffd, maybe we'll get it sorted out for you?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 01:41:39 am »

Are they still unloading?
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

Five chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 01:46:34 am »

No.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:05:51 am »

Check your announcements to make sure they havent started packing to go.

Unpack and pack takes quite some time.  After you get the announcement 'Merchants have arrived and begun to unpack their goods' its often a week or two game-time before they will trade.
Likewise if they are packing up they wont trade but appear to still be at the depot.  In this second case hitting 'q' and hovering over the depot will show a line at the very top saying 'There are no merchants to trade with right now' (or something to that effect).

Additionally, if you hover over the depot with 'q' and it shows your broker's job as 'Trade at Depot', that only means he has taken this job assignment, he may still be onroute from the dining room or whatever.  Double check he has arrived, he needs to be on the depot to trade.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:16:24 am »

If one of the merchants was killed on its way to the depot, the rest of the merchants may continue in that direction but they will not trade with you.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 07:15:18 am »

Check if the broker is Conducting a meeting, meaning he might be busy with the Liaison instead of doing his broker thing.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:41:31 am »

The broken only conducts the meeting if he is also the expedition leader/mayor/etc.  I've stopped making my expedition leader the broker lately just to get the meeting done sooner.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 12:07:44 pm »

Is the broker burrowed to the depot? If so, s/he many be on break, on the depot. Trust me, this happens a lot.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 12:13:03 pm »

If you don't really need to export wealth (to get a Baron you need to export at least 10,000 dorfbux among other things) or boost your broker's Appraiser/other trade skills (to see how much wealth you have), deconstruct the depot once they're done unloading. You get everything in it for free and the traders don't complain. (For elves I like to seal them in the depot but that's a different story :P )
My wooden badge was delicious.

Five chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 01:01:57 pm »

Another weird thing: there appears to be a wagon at the depot.  It shouldn't be there, since the only entrance to my fort is a 3 tile wide corridor filled with traps.

Maybe one of the traders did get killed on the way in; I'm not sure.