Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feudalism Rules  (Read 1601 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Feudalism Rules
« on: October 18, 2012, 09:31:14 pm »

As you may know, I have attempted a Feudalism game, where several forumites pit their skills as strategic leaders against each other and the outside world, with the latter hopefully predominating. As you know if you know this, the game has gotten rather...complicated by this point. Therefore, I have decided to concentrate those rules I have decided on in one area.

-----

GENERAL

One turn equals one month; one month is exactly four weeks. More detailed time may or may not be used in cases of war.

INDUSTRY
Each mine will be given a richness rating, which will be multiplied by the number of miners working in that mine. Ores must be smelted, costing one unit of fuel and ten of ore per unit of metal. Refining 10 units of ore takes one smelter one week. Coal needs to be refined into coke before use; five units of coal become 15 of coke when worked on for a week by a smelter. Stone can be dug out and used, as well; a mine for plain stone can be set up in pretty much any rocky area and has a richness of 50.
A woodcutter generally can cut 10 trees per month; each tree is worth 10 units of wood. Wood can be burnt for charcoal at a 1:1 rate, taking one week per burner per 5 units of wood and charcoal. Charcoal is used as fuel. Wood also has other uses, such as shipbuilding and building...building.
Speaking of ships, it's not easy to make them. A ship that can transport five people or one ton of goods costs 250 wood and takes a minimum of 10 workers, working 6 months (60 worker/months), to build. Such a ship requires two crew members. This may be taken linearly, except for the minimum workers and time. For every "component," a ship needs five more workers, minimum, and 60 more worker/months to complete. For instance, a ship which holds 50 soldiers and 5 tons of food and gear would cost 3,750 wood, require a crew of 30, and take at least 80 workers, working 11 months and a week, to complete it. 150 workers could complete it in 6 months. Rules were made previously; these allowed you to make a functional warship from just a few trees. Hopefully, this will be more realistic. Further additions may be added for additional costs.

-----

This is a quick overview of the rules that come to mind. Please post if you can think of some I missed. Otherwise, only talk about rules themselves in this thread--talk about the game in general goes here.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:46:33 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:32:18 pm »

Post reserved for the event of way too many rules.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:32:37 pm »

Same as above.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »

This should be enough.
Sig

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 09:36:37 pm »

Sounds like something a programmer would make an open source game.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

Heh. Maybe that would be easier... of course, that would require me to know how to program.
Sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 04:35:08 am »

Spoiler: Smithing: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Herblore (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Food (click to show/hide)

Watch this space.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:53:30 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 04:40:23 am »

You need to add 1 unit of metal and 1 unit of wood to make 30 arrows/bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 07:05:05 am »

Right, right, add rules here. Gotta do that.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 07:09:11 am »

A mine for common stone is normally called a quary, btw...

((Yup, disguised ptw.))

Note: Also, complexity isn't always good, just so you know that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 07:12:50 am »

A mine for common stone is normally called a quary, btw...

((Yup, disguised ptw.))

Note: Also, complexity isn't always good, just so you know that.
I've reached the Complexity Event Horizon, sadly...
Sig