Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: How do you view the wealthy?  (Read 14587 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: How do you view the wealthy?
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2012, 06:08:45 pm »

Hominem? But vampires are not hommes!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2012, 06:12:23 pm »

Ahh yes the conflict between the rich and the not rich.

The Rich fear the poor because the poor have all the power
The poor fear the rich because the rich have all the power

both my statements are completely true and have no contradiction.

Indeed. The rich hold all the money, and thus all the social power. But the poor are numberless and angry, thus holding the violent power of... Violence?

Well the way I see it is this

The Rich have the ability to win with casual Effort
While the Not Rich will always win if they use great effort

So basically if someone who is rich lets say wants a Bridge to be built somewhere they can with very little effort get it done.

Now the Not rich people cannot stop the Rich person unless they all ban together and demand that there isn't a bridge and there is NOTHING the rich person can do about it.

Thus the Rich person dislikes the fact that the Not Rich People can do anything they want while the Not Rich people are the exact same.

This is because the Rich person's casual effort is far supperior to everything but the Not Rich Person's Great effort.

This is why Rich people hold all the power even though the Not Rich people essentially do as well.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2012, 06:23:50 pm »

I view them by clicking their hyperlink then finding their image file adress.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2012, 06:28:07 pm »

Noooo . . . you're being ad hominem. Accusations of drinking the blood of innocents are generally that.
Pretty sure I've never said that. You seem to be reading between the lines to come to conclusions of your own, and missing out on the things I'm actually intending to communicate.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2012, 06:29:06 pm »

Hominem? But vampires are not hommes!
Touche.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2012, 01:03:11 am »

Well you guys seem to have different opinions and i'm wondering how much they are based on you current finical situation and how much would they change if their financial situation changed.

If a poor person suddenly got a massive pay raise, would they be ok with paying 50% of their money in taxes?

If a wealthy person lost his money would he have the same views as he did before about helping out the impoverished?

What is the main cause of poverty and what is the main cause of wealth?

For me it's ignorance and education. What about you guys?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2012, 01:23:00 am »

Among the middle class, education and wealth are often interdependent, but that does not  hold entirely true for the upper class, where education is made possible through wealth, but the opposite does not necessarily hold true. Mind you, that is just my impression.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:29:22 am by Azthor »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2012, 03:38:27 am »

I'd appreciate it if people could avoid becoming cantankerous in here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2012, 05:14:25 am »

If a poor person suddenly got a massive pay raise, would they be ok with paying 50% of their money in taxes?

If a wealthy person lost his money would he have the same views as he did before about helping out the impoverished?
Well, in situations like this you need to be aware that people tend to not act rationally when it concerns wealth. For example, if person A used to make £25,000 per year for an equivalent job, person B used to make £100,000 per year, and suddenly person A got their pay double and person B got their pay halved, then if they were being completely rational they should both feel the same about their pay, but they won't.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2012, 06:02:22 am »

I'd team up with the other person and demand that the remaining 25000 be split among us.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]