Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What would you tell a first time adventurer?  (Read 5225 times)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: What would you tell a first time adventurer?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 10:25:17 am »

"Don't talk to me".

And then hell would come....hehehe.
Blargh.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »

"Quit while you can. You've got your whole life ahead of you."
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 07:47:41 pm »

Expect to die, a lot.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 07:49:06 pm »

"A terrible beast from the wilds have been harrasing my flowers. Kill the Stray Dog (Tame)"

THEN HELL.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

LightlySpartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »

Make sure to find armor and keep as many companions as possible with you. They are also good for soaking up arrows. Don't underestimate any enemies. And train up any skills that you can, wrestling, swimming, knapping, etc they all boost your attributes as well and give you a better chance at surviving. And if you live long enough you will end up with god like skills and probably get bored lol.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 02:57:18 am »

"A terrible beast from the wilds have been harrasing my flowers. Kill the Stray Dog (Tame)"

"One of these 569,821 dogs is my enemy. You must kill this one. If you attack the wrong one, the full might of my civilization will hunt you down and destroy you."

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 03:20:24 am »

Never go swimming in oceans, at night.
It froze, I fell, so far... I found semi molten stone.
I then turned into a demon, somehow.

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 01:55:37 pm »

The only thing you can say to a first time adventurer is "good luck".

Not like it's going to help.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 11:21:16 pm »

"Such enthusiasm from one as young as yourself!"
But yeah, sweep the leg, avoid bows, and there is no god.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:22 am »

if your skills are competent or adequate , there is 70% chance you will die. and use only wooden shields , they are light weight and using my advice you can have more than 10 shields in 1 hand !
here is the trick , pick up a shield in your backpack then press "r" and remove the shield and it will appear in your hand .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 09:11:25 am »

Have you ever played Demon Souls? Yeah its kind of like that but mix it with old school 2-D based movement, throw in a crazy in depth combat log, and in this game when you take damage there are no healing spots and it is perma-death. Oh yeah and one more thing, try not to get you head kicked in by a bunny rabbit.

Nightcaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 07:21:38 am »

"I'll bury your corpse after the dingos are done."

If you swim, don't swim in to carp, you'll get swamped and turn in to fish food.

Practice Ambusher immediately. You will need it to survive most encounters (and I don't mean by fighting them off  ;))

If you don't know if you can kill it, you probably can't. Just slowly walk away.

If a crossbowman is gunning for you, give up all hope. Their bolts are the equivalent of a tank shell.

If monsters don't kill you, starvation will. (Does not apply in my case)

If starvation doesn't kill you, the townspeople will, because you killed a stray dog outside of town without knowing it makes them hate you.

Stop by fortresses to get companions, you'll live long enough to train your skills and perform epic feats to be regaled in the Adventurer's Lodge.

If you die of old age, you're either a DF God, or you never left the town.

That's all I've picked up and memorized from all the posts I've read, the wiki, and some minor experimentation.

If nothing else, remember the first one. I've got my shovel ready, and I found a really nice place for burial. That's rare nowadays with all the grave sites for adventurers, and it's a one time deal; My life insurance, as well as my dumb luck, will eventually run out after all, and I might take up that spot instead when that happens. :)
Pages: 1 [2]