Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: firing arrows take forever?  (Read 771 times)

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
firing arrows take forever?
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:19:59 pm »

Is it a bug or does firing arrows just take forever? I was stopped by two hammer goblins while traveling and I fired an arrow at one at least 10 squares away. The next moment he's right next to me and then after my next action I'm dead. When I'm the one doing the sneaking bows are great, but when I'm not hidden it seems to take an absurd amount of time to fire an arrow off.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: firing arrows take forever?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:47 pm »

Yes, ranged weapons take time to reload.  Take friends with you next time, or just pick a hand-to-hand weapon.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 01:41:13 am »

Or throw them.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:10:59 am »

The delay gets lower as your skill improves. Or yes you can throw them as ff2 points out. The throwing mechanic is completely broken, it takes only one timestep and they seem to penetrate about as well.

The sneaking mechanic is broken too, in that opponents hit while you are sneaking don't currently move or react in any reasonable way. Time is actually passing as your character releads, but nobody else is doing anything so it looks fast to you.

Playing an archer is pretty wonky overall in the current release.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena