Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Minecart multiple stops?  (Read 3621 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart multiple stops?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 08:09:46 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113209.0

in this thread we were discussing something similar involving minecarts and multiple stops, it seems that you can't use auto dump with multi-stops, you should be able to make a dwarf load a cart with multiple items in one stop, in another stop manually unload only some items and in another unload some others, could auto dump the remaining in the last stop and go full circle returning to the first loading stop... as long as you are using linked stockpiles in each stop (except for the last auto-dump one)

Fnear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart multiple stops?
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:48:57 pm »

This should work.

Thank you Trif!  I was setting up the stockpile conditions correctly.  But I wasn't setting the departure conditions right.  Looking at your save working really made my day!

If a stop GIVES then "full of desired items" means "empty of items to give to the stockpile" even if that means the cart is no longer full.

To make my multi-stop loop work, I just needed to have these conditions:
- Push west immediately when full of desired items
- Push west immediately when empty of any items

As an aside, my route isn't even connected.  Pushing west moves the cart one west then it drops down a hole (two empty holes or it drops with no momemtum) and back onto my powered helix that takes it up to the next level (which drops it onto the track for unloading).  This prevents dwarves from getting in the way of high-speed carts in the helix.
Pages: 1 [2]