Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flaming Kobold Marksmen Ninjas  (Read 2086 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Flaming Kobold Marksmen Ninjas
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:45 am »

Nope, not even superhuman agility, legendary agility and a kill list of a 100 or so bogeymen will save you from a catnap in the forest. One turn kill. noone messes with kobolds. Not even Chuck Norris.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:04:42 pm by Nerserus »
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Flaming Kobold Marksmen Ninjas
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:30:14 am »

Your picture doesn't seem to be working, but I assume it shows you being killed by Deebus  :).  Or maybe Corai...

More seriously, I'm pretty sure when you're asleep (unconscious) your skills/attributes don't do much, if anything.  The kobold will get one guaranteed hit against your head (they always go for the head on a guaranteed shot) if he can sneak up on your before you wake up, so your only hope is if your helmet deflects the hit, or if your observer skill is high enough to let you wake up first.  Having followers to alert you to incoming kobolds (by dying loudly) can also help.

Or, you know, don't sleep outside.  Actually, just read about Deebus for everything you could ever want to know about surviving in adventure mode...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:36:28 am by Pirate Bob »

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:32:36 am »

Don't worry I've avenged you in my world with my list of 217 Kobold kills.

But yeah turn away for 1 moment and you can die to anything in this damned game.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:42:42 am »

There's not a whole lot to the picture, dunno why it's not showing for you guys but it doesn't matter. ( The kobold wasn't even on the screen )

But here it is word for word;

"Furber luldus!"
The flying copper arrow strikes you in the head, tearing the muscle,
fracturing the skull and tearing the brain through the swan leather cap!
                     A Tendon in the skull has been torn!

The Copper Arrow has lodged firmly in the wound!
                     You have been shot and killed.

Didn't even see the killer, one turn kill. But checking the legends the killer was called (Wait for it); Klobodojleedus Athrocot
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 11:54:25 am »

Definitely was Deebus  ;)

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 01:31:21 pm »

There's not a whole lot to the picture, dunno why it's not showing for you guys but it doesn't matter. ( The kobold wasn't even on the screen )

But here it is word for word;

"Furber luldus!"
The flying copper arrow strikes you in the head, tearing the muscle,
fracturing the skull and tearing the brain through the swan leather cap!
                     A Tendon in the skull has been torn!

The Copper Arrow has lodged firmly in the wound!
                     You have been shot and killed.

Didn't even see the killer, one turn kill. But checking the legends the killer was called (Wait for it); Klobodojleedus Athrocot
I read "Koboldjeebus Apricot" at first glance, for some reason.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 02:22:57 pm »

You linked to the page your image was on instead of to the image.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 02:47:41 am »

You know, this is one of the reasons why I sleep in sheltered areas. Even if it's just a group of dingoes, I can still sneak and make my way out without anyone knowing where Urist McAdventurer just went. And if it's a bandit, I don't get chipped bones syndrome :P

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 08:18:00 pm »

Your picture doesn't seem to be working, but I assume it shows you being killed by Deebus  :)Or maybe Corai...

Why does everyone know me all the sudden?

Ahtrocot? Epic name.

-EDIT-

I stole the image and uploaded it for you.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:21:38 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »

I've had a few deaths like that in the past. Forget fearing the night, its the kobold snipers archers I really fear the most. 

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 05:12:17 am »

the swan leather cap!

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with this.
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:18:46 am »

lesson learned , never run around dungeon naked , those animal men with blowdarts covered in olm man urine may kill you .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 05:25:09 am »

lesson learned , never run around dungeon naked , those animal men with blowdarts covered in olm man urine may kill you .
Any metal armoured/shield user with a decently seasoned veteran adventurer can take on numerous blowgunners with ease.

Oh! And darts happen to be very god-like in their ability to kill naked  things :P

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 05:41:53 am »

human outsiders start naked . and clothes can easily block blowdarts.
i was lucky to have no gloves/mittens/gauntlet and get shot in left hand with blowdart covered in GCS venom.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:43:56 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?