Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I tell what equipment an individual military dwarf is using?  (Read 622 times)

Five chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having trouble figuring out what equipment individual dwarves are carrying, and how to change it if necessary.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I tell what equipment an individual military dwarf is using?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 12:55:47 pm »

To see a dwarf's inventory, use "v" and then pick the "i" option.

The equipment can be changed in the military screen. Make up your uniforms and assign them to squads or to individual dwarves. it may take them a while to follow your orders, though.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I tell what equipment an individual military dwarf is using?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:18:30 pm »

Yes the best way to check what they have is the v-i method

You can see what they are assigned (not necessarily the same thing)  in the 'M'ilitary screen.
Uniforms (n) - Lets you define preset uniforms, there are 3 default ones that you can tweak or add new
Equip (e) - Shows what each individual squad member has and which parts of his assigned uniform he lacks.  Does not say '+bronze sword+' etc but would have a check mark by individual melee weapon choice to show the dwarf has armed him/herself.

From this equip screen you can hit 'U' which lets you assign a preset uniform to an entire squad.

Hope this helps.  the military interface is a bit of a mess, once you crack it its all groovy from there in.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.