Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issue with finding a quest target.  (Read 691 times)

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Issue with finding a quest target.
« on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:26 pm »

I realize this will sound like yet another noob post, but hear me out.

I was sent on a quest to kill a vampire, and I got all excited. "A VAMPIRE!" I exclaimed."IV'E ALWAYS WANTED TO BECOME A VAMPIRE!". So I make my way to the quest target, first using fast travel, then closing in by following the compass directions, and finally that "N - TSK" in the corner of my screen becomes a "*** - TSK". "WE'RE HERE!!" I yelled to my four companions. Then I looked around. There were no cottages, houses or anything in the area. Just a river and a bridge. What gives?

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with finding a quest target.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:15:52 pm »

Who gave you the quest, a Lord?

If a Lord gave you the quest then the compass won't help you, only the instructions they gave you will (kill said Vampire in said town). If the Lord said it was hiding specifically in the town, you will then have to go to the town and systematically search EVERYWHERE for the Vampire until you find it. If they said a Dungeon, Crypt, Sewer, whatever; you'll have to search in those.

Good luck to you.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:30:09 pm »

No, I got the quest from a farmer, but maybe you're right. Time to go check everyone...sigh... Will the game list the vampire I'm looking for my his name on the talk menu?

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:33:55 pm »

YES!! I went to go check all the townspeople, and first one was my guy! Do you think I can handle him with 5 companions and myself?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:03 pm »

Unless you're playing with a mod like Fear the Night, I doubt you'll have any issues. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the townsfolk will help out too.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Sporemaniac777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 03:51:30 am »

Actually, when you get into the town where the vampire is supposed to hide, you should ask the local people, they will say "He is hiding in a cottage to west" instead. The TSK thingy on the compass, is NOT accurate when you have to find a target in a town. It works on lairs, but not inside towns.