Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My dwarf can't get up.  (Read 1387 times)

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My dwarf can't get up.
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:17:58 pm »

So in my recent fort, I've somehow managed to defend the entrance from two livestock in a row that got husked by evil vapour, without my two soldiers dying or crippled. That normally should be amazing news, but... something strange happened in combat and somehow or another, one of my swordsdwarves is stuck in one place, spamming "stands up" messages in the combat logs.   She has not a single scratch on her, and she can't even sleep without flailing to try and get up.  What is going on here?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: My dwarf can't get up.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 12:04:31 am »

She's been infected.

That or I'd say nerve damage. Check her health screen or personality screen.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:58:07 am »

Call Life Alert.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 12:59:25 am »

It might be the dwarf ducking down to get through crowded areas with the stand up messages shown in combat reports, but you said she does it while sleeping, so that's probably out.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:24:42 am »

She's been infected.

That or I'd say nerve damage. Check her health screen or personality screen.

Nothing in either of those. Also, it's gas, so nothing's rubbed off on anybody.

Currently this has been happening for two ingame weeks, so I think it's a bug of some kind.  How can I get her to move somewhere else?

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 08:58:26 am »

You could remove the floor where she is, with 1 z lvl being mined out under her tile and channeling on her level down.
repeat with additional z lvls for desired result (which is either standing up after healthcare treadment from gravity therapy, or glitching the glitch by repositioning her).
if anything goes horribly wrong, remember, your combat log is no longer spammed :)

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 09:13:36 am »

You could remove the floor where she is, with 1 z lvl being mined out under her tile and channeling on her level down.
repeat with additional z lvls for desired result (which is either standing up after healthcare treadment from gravity therapy, or glitching the glitch by repositioning her).
if anything goes horribly wrong, remember, your combat log is no longer spammed :)

OK, this is really strange, I can't even dig out the floor she's standing on.

I did manage to cause a cave-in in the hallway and now she's unconscious.  I'll see if that has solved the problem. 

The bad thing is, she was lying on the edge of my main hallway, which only has one tile of wall to separate it from the outside, and now it's wide-open for horrible gas to come in...  :-\

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 09:20:53 am »

OK, this is really strange, I can't even dig out the floor she's standing on.

I did manage to cause a cave-in in the hallway and now she's unconscious.  I'll see if that has solved the problem. 

The bad thing is, she was lying on the edge of my main hallway, which only has one tile of wall to separate it from the outside, and now it's wide-open for horrible gas to come in...  :-\

Right, I see my swordsdwarf is moving again. I think that's solved the problem.

Thanks all for the help.  Now I have to seal up that damn hallway...

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:30:12 am »

Nice :) when i read your first reply i thought i messed it all up :D
solutions like this always end in fun times^^
cheers mate