Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Safe" way of getting rid of Mirants  (Read 750 times)

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Safe" way of getting rid of Mirants
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:28:16 am »

I have over 200 dwarves now and am looking for a way of getting rid of them without making my fort a deathtrap. I am trying to attract my legendary adventurer to the fort (who just happens to be holding enough necromancer books to sink a spanish galleon). He's going to lead the armies and be the wielder of the artifact blind cave bear left guantlet, and when he dies go into the artifact blind cave bear coffin that has a picture of the guantlet being held by it's maker (Never planned to have a fort obsessed with a guantlet :P). So how do I dispose of the migrants without making them fear coming to the fort?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Safe" way of getting rid of Mirants
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:39:06 am »

If you don't kill all of them at once, your fort should not be marked as a death trap. I had 80 percent of the population dying in a single incident once and still got migrants.
I wonder why your adventurer has not arrived yet. I usually get all historical migrants pretty early on and none after year 2, way before i hit 200 dwarfs.
Also he will not have any books when he arrives, his inventory gets cleared upon migration. He will probably wear lots of bone jewelry though. If you want books/slabs/other loot in your fort, your adventurer has to drop it at the embark site before he retires at the mountainhome.