Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gold. Lots of Gold.  (Read 8126 times)

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gold. Lots of Gold.
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »

Gold is an affront to Armok!  Since (barring strange moods) it cannot be made into weaponry to draw blood in Armok's honor the sacrilegious metal must be mined out and thrown into the Magma Sea with all due haste.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »

Gold is an affront to Armok!  Since (barring strange moods) it cannot be made into weaponry to draw blood in Armok's honor the sacrilegious metal must be mined out and thrown into the Magma Sea with all due haste.
We cannot know this for certain. After all, brass is often adorned on many altars to blood - yet it is not a weapon's material.

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 07:57:58 pm »

It attracts goblin sieges, though.  Surely Armok approves of the bloodshed inherent in that?

Besides, I take offense at the idea gold can't be weaponized.  Hell, I think half the suggestions in the thread involved weaponizing it somehow.  On that note - solid gold minecarts being fired at relativistic speeds through the main entryway.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »

Golden shotgun. Golden Minecart filled with Gold Blocks. Grape shot the Goblins with gold blocks.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 06:20:31 am »

Fellow dwarf, does the gold not bring goblins to our home to experience Armoks might? Does the gold block not break their ribs and shatter their skulls? Do our gold statues not ensure that a kobold's family will be able to afford meat more than once a month and a feast once a year? Do our gold block shotguns not cause enough carnage? Over the Centuries does our gold and black bronze tower not teach these savages the meaning of fear in Armok's name?

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:46 pm »

Make a giant gold block outside your entrance and drop it on sieges.
I approve, though only if it is engraved on the front "Ye King's Fury" just to see if anyone actually gets that obscure reference.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 03:06:26 pm »

Replace every tree on the surface that grows with a gold pillar.

xpi0t0s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 06:36:45 am »

From the world map, figure out where the largest elven forest is.  Build a gigantic polished golden dish that focuses the midday sun right on the centre of it.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 06:38:49 am »

Make sure you have exactly one goblet as finished goods, then encrust it 18,000 times.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 07:51:47 am »

Make sure you have exactly one goblet as finished goods, then encrust it 18,000 times.

I've heard that in theory if you dump 1 trade good into a workshop room and lock the door the crafter will keep encrusting that item.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2012, 08:30:09 am »

How would I get soil on the tower? Can you still make farms on mud? I thought that got taken out a while ago.
Nope, you can make farms on mud.

Unless recently changed, you CANNOT make farms on muddied constructed floors, only on soil or muddied natural stone.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 01:37:32 pm »

So, is this a bad time to mention I just started a fortress named Goldenthrone (RNG did it, I swear. But I love it anyway.) And the site I picked happened to have 52k gold? I'm going to build a giant throne of gold, the size of a small mountain.
And then I'm going to make it kill goblins somehow.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »

Mod in Golden clothes.....

Create the Mountain hall of the Pimps!
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."
Pages: 1 2 [3]