Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Survived the Zombie Apocalypse?  (Read 335 times)

RemusShepherd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Survived the Zombie Apocalypse?
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:17:12 pm »

I didn't know about Necromancer towers in the latest version of DF, so I accidentally embarked in a location next to two of them.  Been a wild ride.

18 years later, my multiple trap corridors seem to have handled all of the zombie hordes.  In the carnage my dwarfs have picked up two souvenirs and carted them to the artifact trophy room -- Two named, leatherbound books of evil.

Is there only one necromantic tome per tower?  Does that mean that I've killed the two necromancers nearby?  Am I not going to get anymore zombie sieges?

Haven't seen any zombies in two years.  My last siege was goblins and trolls.  Have I tamed the two necro towers?

If we're done with zombie sieges, to prevent boredom I may need to start mining candy.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Survived the Zombie Apocalypse?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:18:19 pm »

the origonal secrets are carved on slabs in the towers, the books are most likely stuff they wrote, usually autobiographies (seriously) though they can in fact have the 'secret' written in them. Towers can have multiple necromancers, so don't count yourself rich yet, and they can also send sieges without necromancers to lead them
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.