Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Roll To Pony, My First RTD  (Read 9447 times)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Pony, My First RTD
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2012, 08:43:45 am »

Oh, sorry.

-Cress-

You step into Clover's Plant Emporium and see a few different sections. Mundane plants (Equestrian), Mundane plants (Zebrican), Exotic plants (Equestrian), Exotic plants (Zebrican).
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »

((Sorry, I've been without power and unable to get web access!))

Plants of various sizes, shapes and hues create a dense walls of foliage throughout the shop. The air is humid and filled with an organic scent mixed with the perfume of fragrant blooms. A regular customer, Cress ignores the mundane plants and trots over to the exotic sections, glancing over at the shop's owner behind the counter.

"Anything new and exciting for me this week, Clover?"
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2012, 07:23:10 am »

Clover, a mid-sized, green-coated pony with the same cutie mark as his name, replies.
"Oh, Cress my old friend! Well, in the Exotic Zebrican section, I have something that may pique your interest; it's try to drink my blood multiple times. It's called the Zebrican Vampire Plant." He motions to the Exotic (Zebrican) aisle. "Right down that way, section D, shelf 14." He notices Chompy walking around a bit behind Cress. "What is that? I've never seen anything like it in my entire life! How did it get the legs, I wonder? What does it eat? Where did you get it?" He assaults cress with a barrage of questions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2012, 01:19:42 pm »

Posting to watch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »

"Wait, an actual Zebrican Vampire plant? I simply must have it!"

Cress hurries towards the correct section.

"As for little Chompy here," he says, glancing at the following plant-monster, "I got him from Miss Sparkle! Haven't gotten a chance to I.D. him yet. The legs... well, they are my own addition..."

He chuckles nervously.

"Not sure as of yet what he'll eat, but probably medium sized mammals of some sort."

He flashes Clover a slightly manic grin, and then turns towards to Vampire plant in front of him.

"Oh, isn't it darling! What healthy foliage! How much?"

He moves in to get a closer look.

((As soon as this bit is over, I'll be heading Cress straight over to the airship platform (assuming he's capable) so we can get this show back on the road (Sky? Whatever). Well, depending on Bluster's arrival, that is.))
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2012, 07:11:04 pm »

"Oh, I'd be careful around him if I were you. He doesn't like ponies being close to him, lest he almost sucks them dry. As for the price, weeelll... I'm not sure. I mean, it's a rare Zebrican plant, imported straight from my supplier, and it's the only one I have. On the other hand, you are my best customer, and I know you'll take care of it... How about, 50 bits?"

(You have enough money, and bits are worth quite a lot in Equestria.)

-Grumblebluster-

Grumblebluster, having acquired his blade, goes down to the Uniqueness.
"Hello, do you have a purple wangadanger with extra lasers on the side?" He asks the clerk, a pink-coated, white-maned mare with a question mark on her flank.

"Why certainly!" Out of absolutely freakin' nowhere, she pulls out a purple wangadanger with laser beams floating around it, poised to strike. "That'll be 5 bits."

"It's amazing how cheap you can get these things." He pays the clerk, and heads out to the airship where Bulat is waiting.

(Wangadangers- how to describe them... think of a shark, shoved into an orange juice carton, on fire with glowing eyes covered in insectoid beavers reciting Shakespearian poetry 24/7. "Lasers on the side" means he wanted it to have lasers orbiting its diameter. This one is purple, meaning the shark and orange carton, as well as the lasers now orbiting it, are a deep shade of purple.)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2012, 07:29:44 pm »

(Wangadangers- how to describe them... think of a shark, shoved into an orange juice carton, on fire with glowing eyes covered in insectoid beavers reciting Shakespearian poetry 24/7. "Lasers on the side" means he wanted it to have lasers orbiting its diameter. This one is purple, meaning the shark and orange carton, as well as the lasers now orbiting it, are a deep shade of purple.)
Discord TM
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2012, 10:17:01 pm »

"I'll take it!"

Cress floats the correct amount of coins out of his saddlebag and over to Clover. He then levitates his purchase and brings it in front of him, muttering "Non nocere me."

((Attempting to make it (relatively) safe.))

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47:54 am »

(3+1+1=5) The plant isn't going to suck anypony's blood any time soon.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2012, 10:03:52 am »

Cress nestles the now docile plant carefully into his saddlebag, then happens to glance at the clock over the counter.

"Sweet Celestia! I can't believe I've taken so long! I must be off to the airship dock at once."

He looks over his shoulder as he bolts out the door.

"Thanks again, Clover!"

Chompy keeping pace behind, Cress rushes to his destination.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2012, 12:05:59 pm »

Looking at the two ponies that just ran towards him, Golden Ticket says, "Ok, so everypony's here? Alright then, here are your tickets." He hands you three green paper tickets, marked with "The Swan - 1 Flight". "Now, just give me the bits, and I'll take you onboard," he says, motioning to majestic airship. It's obviously a luxury craft, designed for comfortable passage in between Ponyville and Canterlot. Despite being built for comfort, it looks to be very sturdy, likely even able to withstand a dragon.

Out of the corner of your eye, (Read: from any perspective) you see something faintly glowing that darts out of your vision. Mysterious...

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2012, 10:18:57 pm »

Cress blinks at something at the corner of his vision. Shaking his head, he turns to Bulat.

"Don't you have our bits, friend?"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2012, 01:00:51 pm »

((OOC: I've no idea how I manage to forget about such things. Sorry for the holdup.))

Slightly enthralled by the design of the airship, Bulat spaces out a little and manages to completely miss the arrival of Cress and Bluster. Cress' words snap him out of it in a moment though. Bulat blinks quickly several times, regaining his focus on the surroundings.

"Ack! Vot? Ah, you guys are here already. Yes, I do have de bits. Here you are, Mr.Goldie, dis should be enough for de tree of us."

He pulls the bit pouch out of his saddlebags and holds it out on his forehoof towards the conductor.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2012, 08:51:13 am »

Handing you the tickets, his horn glows and the tickets become golden. It seems he has activated them. "Right this way," he says, motioning to the entrance. You walk inside, following his lead through a wide, decorated hall. Seemingly arriving at your destination, he stops and speaks. "These will be your rooms. These rooms have excellent views from the sky, and have buttons to call for room service at any time." He then motions to a little glass panel next to a door. "To get in, just wave your ticket in front of the authenticator." He waves a ticket, seemingly a master ticket, in front of the panel. A 'click' is heard and he opens the door. "This is to keep stowaways out of the rooms. In fact, you might not have noticed, but there was also a forcefield at the entrance, also to prevent stowaways." Closing the door, he begins to walk away. "Have a nice trip on The Swan!"

(Side note: I'm trying to be a bit more descriptive with my scenes.)

Once again, you see a strange figure down the hall, but just as you look at it, it disappears...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]