Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stockpile with empty bags and nothing else  (Read 1814 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
stockpile with empty bags and nothing else
« on: July 14, 2012, 03:38:53 pm »

Hi. I want to make a stockpile to attach to my farmer's workshop and quern with empty bags only. I made it furniture with box/bag on, all material off except for leather, yarn, silk and plant cloth and all quality on. Now it really works but.... it gets full bags stored too:( Like the ones with powders and other things (i use civforge mod and it puts crystall seed and ikal nabid in the stockpile). I searched the forum and read every thread since 2008 and nobody had found a solution. But still i ask if anybody found it since version 34 released?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: stockpile with empty bags and nothing else
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:52:21 pm »

There's no workaround for that, since bags containing inorganic powders other than sand (in vanilla, this consists solely of gypsum plaster) don't get classified in any special way.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Dwarfler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stockpile with empty bags and nothing else
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 10:51:47 pm »

There is a workaround for it (in vanilla, anyway) - just go to your hospital zone and increase the amount of gypsum plaster it stocks.  Or if you don't want to clutter up your real hospital, just designate a second hospital zone and configure it to only accept a ton of gypsum plaster.  Your dwarfs will prefer to keep it in the hospital zone rather than your bag stockpile.

I don't know anything about the mod you're playing, but I bet you can come up with a similar trick to fool your dwarfs into weeding out the stuff you don't want (establish give/take chains for your workshops and stockpiles that control those inorganic powders, etc).
Why do I like Dwarf Fortress so much?  It's hard to learn, harder to play, and downright impossible to win.

I mean, what's not to like?