Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is multigrasp better?  (Read 4908 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Is multigrasp better?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 06:11:23 am »

Just a thought, but, aren't husks EXTREMELY Resistant to fire/magma?

If so, would a sheild be somewhat pointless against a dragon if one was a husk?
An also, i just read that they can only die from decapitation and bisection, so, unless husks/thralls can still be disabled, sheilds wouldn't be as needed.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Zaqew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 10:18:06 am »

They are husks and they have a bit skin on them I think.
I think skeletons are quite resilient.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 04:41:09 pm »

Husks and optimization are two words when put together become redundant. A husk could probably multigrasp an eagle feather and kill a dragon with it. No, 10 dragons. All made out of bronze.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 05:39:53 pm »

Husks are husks, the question of armed husks is not one that is relevant, not at all. HOWEVER, Small ones are no problem i've heard, since they cant do much damage before they are decapitated. Its the big ones you fear. Essentially the question of Husk death is this:

F=(H*R)(P*L)/(D/H*I)
F=Likely hood of complete anihalation.
H= Number of Husks
R=Rate of increase of Husks. Depends on whether the dust spreads and such. Possibly influenced by I.
P=Likely hood of any one particualr attack of the non-husk creature seriously wounding a dwarf (i.e. a cat is lower, but has a chance of a lucky hit. Hooved creatures have a very high number, armed creatures depends on original strength etc.) Note: can increase or decrease based on D (dwarves that are huskified can increase the overall effectiveness by alot, or very little, depending on skill)
L= the time any particualar Husk will stay in the fight before being killed. Quite likely very high. Inversely proportional to D
D= Number of dwarves, and skill levels, and ability to handle fight (only slash attacks kill them, and others only injure, so axes are highest, followed by swords, etc)
I=Chance of infection of fighting dwarf.

Feel free to add to my math. I'd add more but I have a errand to do.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 12:33:27 pm »

What if one is single-grasping a normally 2-handed weapon? I'm fairly certain that characters with fairly exceptional strength (superhuman or greater) are capable of wielding a multigrasp weapon with one hand and a shield in the other, and doing it without the "remove from backpack" loophole. I've had several characters as such, and am curious if I'm actually getting the best of both worlds, or just hindering myself with the 2-hander's greater weight.

Though admittedly, with that kind of strength, even bare fists can cave in people's faces.

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 04:07:24 pm »

My !!science!! shows that single grasping a multigrasp weapon greatly reduces combat effectiveness even if the other item is a shield.

Here is a link http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103031.msg3045498#msg3045498
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:15:22 pm by friendguy13 »
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 05:02:51 pm »

I see. Perhaps I'll just stick with one-handers from now on. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]