Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphical glich with text  (Read 411 times)

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphical glich with text
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:04:30 am »

Does anyone else have this? Black rectangles cover up parts of the screen making lot of the text unreadable. They don't show up on the main screen itself only on the sides of the screen and on text. I'm using the latest Phoebus, but the same thing was happeing with Ironhand.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Graphical glich with text
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:13:45 am »

I think it's because the texture packs lettering is messing up. There is a way to turn it off I'm just struggling to remember right now. UUUUHHHHH it might be F12 I don't know for sure though so I wouldn't trust me if I were you.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:30:22 am »

Trust him :)
That's indeed a problem with TTF font. Either F12 to go back to ugly less eyes candy font or try to change "resolution" (moving mouse wheel/slightly change in DF windows size) may help. For a minute.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:38:05 am »

Thanks for the help!