Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Mini-Story] The Frost Dwarven Senator and Cyclops Revenge  (Read 1204 times)

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
[Mini-Story] The Frost Dwarven Senator and Cyclops Revenge
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:38:33 pm »

I figured I'd post a mini-story, for those who don't want to read expansive long lasting ones. This is a nice little legend from my history books.

<Frost Dwarves in my game are very peaceful dwarves that are quiet and reserved, they are ruled by a council of six senators>

Eton Toolmountains was one of the first Frost Dwarves created, she was a vampire, and became a Senator for the Book of Elders. Over the course of a few decades she oppressed her followers and crushed their wills to work. Then she began eliminating the other surviving senators, one by one, leaving only herself in supreme control. She began oppressing the rest of the civilization until eventually it was overrun and conquered by neighboring Fire Dwarves, who captured her and revealed her as a vampire and had her killed. Her head now adorns their trophy hall in their main fortress.

The fact the game randomized this series of events was dumbfounding to say the least, I'm still baffled by how amazing a few parameters can create entire amazing histories.

=

Here's another legend from my books.

There was a cyclops at the beginning of time that ravaged the early Storm and Fire Dwarven civilizations, he killed over 30 dwarves.

Here is an excerpt from the life of one of the original Storm Dwarves from another civilization.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:41:51 pm by Shadowclaimer »
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.