Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mine stoppers help.  (Read 531 times)

BastiBasti

• Bay Watcher
  • ‼SCIENCE‼
    • View Profile
Mine stoppers help.
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »

Yeh...I know minecarts are relatively old now, and I have got the hang of them but stopper dumping is annoying me, I had the bright idea of putting min friction stoppers down for auto-dumping. I can't place it where the minecarts stops because the stupid dwarfs just load it up only to watch the items be dumped. But if i place it just before goods going the other way shall be dumped. Is there a way I can make them one-way, make it so a track goes a certain way in one direction and the other in the opposite or do i just have to make 2 minecart tracks?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mine stoppers help.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:49:33 pm »

I had a bright Idea to make a drop off like this:

▼╗
══════▼════≡= (z 0)

███╔═▲█
     █▲═╝███  (z-1)

The only problem is the cart doesn't have enough momentum to make it up the ramp (I also had an idea to use a pressure plate and a bridge to regulate the split better, but ultimately it was the lack of rollers that made this design fail)

I expect you could simply make something like this:

╔════╗
^═══╞═╡═══≡= (z 0)

╔════╗
^════╝════≡= (z 0)

so that the cart coming will go straight across the intersection, but the cart returning will go over teh bends in the tracks
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:57:34 pm »

Code: [Select]
12TTT34
An easier solution: Four hauling menu stops are required. The first at 2, filled until full, then pushed. The cart won't stop until 4, which is a constructed dumping stop. The second stop is at 4, and only guides to the next stop which is at three. That is also a full departure stop which is pushed back to the constructed dumping stop at 1. From there, the stop guides it to 1. This allows the cart to be dumped and filled without being redumped right away.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 01:54:55 pm »

except he wanted something for auto dumping (assuming he wants push, not guide)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:19:52 pm »

Which is what is happening. He's getting dumps at either end, with the dorfs only guiding it one tile.

1, and 4 are dumping stops, but if the cart is left there, it will dump the moment it's moved, causing his problem. So guiding them one space means they will start between the stops and thus not dunp until they reach the end of the track. the only stops respected by pushing are constructed ones. Guiding respects the hauling route stops.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 03:25:03 pm »

Oh, I see, I misinterpreted what he was after, I thought he wanted dwarf interaction only at one end.

BastiBasti

• Bay Watcher
  • ‼SCIENCE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 04:36:34 am »

Thankd for the help :)