Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I wanna be a BBA.  (Read 1007 times)

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
I wanna be a BBA.
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:15:57 am »

So, I remember someone mentioning a while back that fighting an absurdly fat animal is hard because the fat absorbs all your attacks. I know you can burn all the fat *off* of your adventurer if you're very careful in order to fireproof yourself, but what if I wanted to gain fat? Can I just eat absurd amounts of food and become a military-trained Stay-Puft marshmallow man?

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be a BBA.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:24:03 pm »

Last time I played DF, a few versions ago, I started off with an obese adventurer, but he burned all the fat off after fast traveling for a while. I don't think it's possible to be a big beautiful adventurer (BBA?) yet.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:33:40 pm »

Crap. I guess that makes sense, what with the traveling long distances carrying a small continent's worth of jewelry on your back. Hm. Fireproofing it is, then!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 05:26:39 am »

You may want to think about that twice, i'm not sure if it works anymore.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 06:53:57 am »

At first I thought he wanted to be a Big beautiful American, I also thought that was more humorous
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress